Chapter 5

One whole week passed by and Violet was beginning to see Derek's real intentions with her. He didn't love children, no, he hated them. He thought of Violet as an obsticle in between his and Patrick's love. He wanted her out of his house, the sooner the better.

That week was hell for Violet, she felt like a third wheel in that house. She couldn't even call it home, because her home was with Tate and Chad. Not here with a stranger that doesn't even like her.

Patrick didn't let her go outside.

She hasn't been going to school this whole week either. Patrick was begginig to home school her. He didn't want to run the risk of someone seeing them.

Today Patrick went out to find a job and she was alone with Derek in the house. He made her do chores while he layed down on the couch and watched tv. Once she was done washing the dishes she went over to Derek.

"I'm done". Violet said.

He stopped watching the TV to look at her. He stood up from the couch. Violet seeing how tall he was, got scared. "What do you mean your done?! Don't you see all the mess thats around here!" he grabbed her by the hair and dragged towards the kitchen. He tossed her a broom. "Here sweep up all this dust, and it better be spotless once I come back!" Derek went and grabbed his keys from the counter.

"b...but where are you going?" Violet asked.

"None of your buissness" he spat back at her, and walked out the door. That was it for her. She wasn't going to put up with this everyday. She went up to the room they had given her, because that wasn't her room, and packed up her stuff.

She went to a park near the house and sat in a bench, thinking what she would. She had no where to go, she didn't even know where she was.

She sat in that bench for hours thinking where to go. Maybe running away wasn't such a good idea after all. She got off the bench and grabbed her suitcase.

Now, the only problem was finding her way back to the house.

She walked down the sidewalk, dragging her suitcase behind her. Their was no one in sight, streets were empty, and not a single car to be seen. She suddenly heard heavy footsteps behind her, her heart pounded against her chest a bit faster. She was scared to turn around. The footsteps stopped. She turned her head slowly, but saw there was no one.

She continued walking, only this time faster. The footsteps started again, but now they were getting louder with every step she took. She tightened the grip of her suitecase and ran as fast as she could. Turning around in a dark alley to hide behind a trash can.

She was scared, more than she has ever been in her life. She sat down on the dirty pavement of the alley, and hugged her knees tight. She buried her head in between them and started to cry.

A shadow casted over her body and she looked up. Her eyes grew wide in fear and she started to shake.

|♡|♥|♡|♥|

Maybe this chapter sounds to lame, but that's only because i'm tired and really don't have that much energy to care, so yeah. :) I still love you guys! ♥

(sorry if I sound too grumpy right now, that's what happens when you don't sleep! GET SLEEP CHILDREN!)