chapter 3

Brooke and I made our way to the living room and hear one of our favorite bands playing, the wallows, finally they're play some good music.

we start dancing, as Sam the host of the party makes his way towards us. he's shirtless, showing off his abs he's also wearing blue swimming shorts. Sam was the nicest out of the duo him and Asher are, much like brooke. I've known sam as long as Brooke and Asher have, ever since he moved here from texas. He's always been the nice one from his fiends group, he's very confident, has an amazing sense of humor, and is very good looking if i'm being honest. he just needs to hang with better people if you ask me. let's just say if i had to save anyone from his friend group....it'd be him.

" Hey Miller! haven't seen you in forever." i roll my eyes at his Exaggeration and give him a goofy smile " You literally saw me two days ago when you knocked on my door asking if Asher was in my backyard by any chance. talking about that what the hell was he doing there?"

Sam scratches the back of his head and awkwardly laughs. " let's just say he had a crazy night?" he shrugs. He finally notices brooke who was standing right next to me. He sends a big warm smile her way but before he can say anything, Andrew a guy from the soccer team calls him over asking if he knew where the beers were. "Gotta run, duty calls" he says waving goodbye as he runs towards the kitchen.

I notice brooke looking down at her feet, is she upset her didn't say anything to her? I mean she's always made it clear Sam is everything she'd stay away from when it comes to a guy, which i don't really understand because he is a super nice guy.

" Hey, everything alright?" she quickly looks up at me and smiles nodding as she drags me back into the crowd to dance. i follow as we start dancing and spinning each other around. Aside from the Asher incident, this isn't so bad.

After getting thirsty and sweaty from dancing brooke and i leave the living room and make our way into the kitchen. the kitchen despite being a complete mess with cups, bottles, and bags of chips was beautiful. it was white with black cabinets. I can tell his mom is very organized as i see jars labeled with the name of whatever they contained inside. the fridge had many pictures of their family stuck to it from vacations and professionally taken family pictures as well as school pictures of Asher and his little brother, ben. There was also one of Asher and the whole soccer team. so that's what it's like to have a family. i miss when my fridge looked like that.

I open the fridge hoping to find a bottle of water instead of beer. i grab one and close the fridge door. i lean against the door of the now closed steel fridge. I open the bottle taking a sip of the cold water. Brooke is now across the kitchen talking to some of her friends from her tennis team.

Suddenly a cold wet shoulder bumps into my warm one. i can't help but pull away as the coldness felt foreign to my sweaty hot one. I look up to see it's Asher, his hair and body wet from swimming. His freckled cheeks had a slight sunburn that made him look almost childlike. But of course that childlike look disappears as soon as he opens his mouth.

" Not only are you extremely annoying and nosy but also blind, can't you see i'm trying to get by?" He says in an annoyed tone. i roll my eyes and move from my comfortable position so he can pass by.

" oh cry me a fucking river while you're at it" I say taking a sip of my water. He turns away from the counter where went to grab the nearest bag of chips and leans against it. Dill pickle. seriously, now i'll never be able to eat those knowing he likes them. Asher just loves to ruin everything doesnt he? what's next? killing puppies????

He rolls his eyes and let's out a loud sigh. "don't you have other people to annoy like i don't know your friends?....oops i meant friend." He says before he takes a handful of the chips from the nearly empty bag and putting them in his mouth.