chapter 7

this is insanity. i have not slept i'm kinda tired but i'm DETERMINED to finish editing these chapters!!!!! gotta push through the painnnnnnn
-
-
-
-
Everly's POV
I change out of the dress i wore to school and into a pair of leggings and an oversized dark green hoodie and some white nike shoes. i walked into my bathroom and took off all the makeup i had on my face and put my hair up in a messy bun. i added some perfume and made my way out the door, grabbing my camera and keys on my way out.

I walked over to the Finley's and lightly knocked on their front door. I was greeted by Angie and their family dog, molly. Angie quickly embraces me into a tight hug, telling me she missed me. i smile and hug her back, she lets me in the house which i had been at not too long ago for the party, Although now it looked very different. The house was spotless except for the toys laying all around the living room floor that i knew belonged to ben. I quickly snapped a couple pics of molly while angie called for ben.

" Ben!!!! E's here, come down and say hi!" I hear the footsteps as he runs down from the stairs and jumps into my arms giving me a tight ben bear hug. i smile and chuckle then kiss his cheek before i set him down back on the ground.

The front door opened to reveal, Mr. finely, he walked in and sat his briefcase down on the couch as he took ben in his arms and asked him how his day was. Ben went on to tell him about his day while Angie explained the school night routine they had developed for ben. After she explains it she points out she left money for pizza on the kitchen counter. Angie grabs her purse from the kitchen table and kisses my cheek.

" Okay we're all set to go!" she says with an excited tone to her husband who's saying his goodbyes to ben asking him to be a good boy. Ben and i walk them out and wave them goodbye as i take some pictures of them waving on their way to the car.

" well what do you wanna do now?" i say to ben as i close the door. He smiles at me and lightly taps his chin as if he trying to come up with something, even though i knew exactly what he wanted to do. " Ha i know what we can do! we can watch toy story!!!" He requests. The list i had left said it was okay to watch one movie or play one game before dinner then we'd have to get him ready for bed. I nod my head and grab the remote turning on disney + and look for toy story, once i found it i turn off the living room lights and grab some blankets from the closet near by and build a fort of blankets and pillows for us to lay in to watch the movie.

To say ben LOVED the fort was an understatement. we laid together for the first few minutes of the movie before he claimed he was hungry. I decided to just order the pizza so he can eat while watching the movie instead of after. the pizza arrived and we ate and finished the movie.

" alright bud we have to get you ready for bed okay?" I say as i get up and stretch. He nods his head and rubs his eyes, he seemed kinda sleepy. He rushed up the stairs and into his room, not too long after came out w his cloud Pjs on and then i took him to brush his teeth, once he was all ready we walked into his bedroom and tucked him in.

" E, can we please please read my bed time story in our fort??? i promise i'll come straight to bed afterwards!" he begged with his puppy dog eyes. i couldn't bring myself to say anything but yes, so we took his bedtime story down to the fort. He laid on one of the pillows and under a blanket while i read the story to him, not even 4 pages in he was already sound asleep. i check the time on my phone. 8:45 pm. wow he went to bed earlier than expected.

I decided to do some cleaning up for angie around the house by picking up ben's toys and straightening up the kitchen. once i was done i carried ben to his bedroom and cleaned up the fort. After all my hard work i decided to lay on the couch and watch some netflix. I felt myself slowly starting to fall asleep but suddenly heard someone at the front door, it sounded like they were trying to open the door but were failing miserably.