Ch 23

(Normal POV)

"Wow! I'm so full! I shouldn't have eaten so much, but it was soooo worth it!" Lucy groaned as she walked out in the parking lot in the direction of with her boyfriend's car with him walking beside her, holding hands.

The blonde certainly wasn't lying when she said she really liked that restaurant. She almost ate more than Natsu. Almost.

Natsu just chuckled at her childish behaviour and ignored the odd stares they received from other high class couples.

He couldn't care less what others thought.

The sun was a lot lower than before when they first entered the restaurant. The warm looking colours of the sunset spread over the endless sky blanketing it in all its beauty.

Though, the air was beginning to feel a little frigid and the light breeze that blew by left behind a trail of goosebumps over Lucy's soft pale skin.

Natsu seemed to notice and immediately removed his new black suit jacket, and draped it over his girlfriends shoulders.

She had a look of shock spread on her face and turned to him, "Won't you be cold?"

He put his hands in his pockets, "Nah, it's not that bad out her for me. Plus, your dress doesn't really have sleeves." He replied as they reached his car.

It was true, her dress only had spaghetti straps.

She blushed, "Well, thank you," She said lightly as they entered the car.

"So, where to next?" Lucy asked excitedly as Natsu drove. She was already pleased with where he's taken her so far, so she was anxious to see what was next.

"You'll see," He winked.

Oh, how that annoys the blonde. Oh! How she hates it when people say that!

"Hmph," She sunk in her seat a little and crossed her arms, pouting.

"You're too cute, baby." Natsu sighed as he turned left.

The blondes cheeks reddened and a small smile made it's way onto her rosy lips. She felt giddy inside whenever he said sweet things like that to her.

No matter how much this man seemed to annoy her at times, she still loved him more and more every day.

———

"This is it," Said Natsu as he turned off the car and unbuckled his seat belt.

"Um, okay?" Lucy replied questioningly, slowly unbuckling her seatbelt too.

Natsu opened her door and let her out, lightly slamming it shut after.

Lucy just stood, looking around and taking in their surroundings. It was definitely not what she had in mind, but it wasn't terrible either. She actually liked it.

They were stopped on the side of a dirt road in the middle of what seemed to be nowhere. It was like they were surrounded by trees, and then more trees after that.

It was certainly beautiful, the sunset's low rays peeking through the leaves and branches, the birds chirping every now and then, and the fresh sweet air that filled their lungs.

Even though they were far from a town or city, Lucy somehow felt more at ease and less jumpy than when she's in civilization.

No one is here to kidnap you, and no one here to make fun of you or to look at you, it's just...peaceful.

"I know it's not much at first, but just follow me," Natsu had gently taken her hand and guided her through a small dirt trail by a stream of water.