Ch 31

(Normal POV)

Day-Friday

"Good morning class! How is everyone today?" Lucy greeted, a sweet smile forming on her cute rosy lips.

"Good." They all replied, not thinking much of it.

"Alright, so I want you all to take out your science booklets so we can continue whatever we didn't finish yesterday, and after that we can work on math." Lucy explained, as she wrote the date on the blackboard. After that, she sat down in her comfy office chair at her desk and leaned back on it, just watching her students. She didn't have anything to mark, and she already printed out some worksheets for today.

The students did as told and most of them had to resist the urge to groan in annoyance to keep the perfect silence in the classroom, and also to not disrespect their favourite teacher.

Wendy, however happily flipped open her notebook excitedly and took out her favourite blue sparkly pencil.

She was very excited, but not for schoolwork even though she did enjoy that most of the time. She was excited because Natsu was coming home today! Even though he'd annoy sometimes to the point where she'd be fuming with anger, she still missed him. But not as much as Lucy.

Lucy was more than happy that her fiancée was coming home today, and couldn't wait to be back in his arms, but she was also extremely nervous for his safety.

She took a quick glance out the window and saw that it was already dark and grey outside from the heavy clouds blanketing the sky due to the storm that was arriving.

She was afraid that Natsu would get into a car crash and get hurt in the storm, or worse, but she had to stay positive. Right?

He said he would be fine and that he's driven through worse before, but that still didn't make her less nervous. She'd go crazy if something bad happened to her fiancé.

Natsu said he would text her before he left, and he hasn't yet, indicating that he was probably still at the hotel. He wanted to sleep in a little so that he'd be wide awake for the long drive he had to do to get home. He'd be texting her pretty soon.

"Ms Heartfilia, I have a question." Greg spoke, breaking the silence in the class room stopping the blonde teacher's train of thoughts.

She stood up from her seat and giggled, walking over to his desk and seeing what question he was struggling with.

———

(Lucy POV)

Lunch

I sat down on the comfy couch in the staff room sighing happily as I pulled out my simple ham sandwich from my black and white bag. I was glad that it was finally lunch time.

I'm absolutely starving!

Okay, not literally, but I'm really hungry.

Anyway, just as I brought the tasty snack up to my lips, ready to dig in, my phone 'dinged' signalling that I just got a text.

Are you kidding me?

T^T

My sandwich...

Oh well, however's texting me is just gonna have to suck it up and wait until I've finished my sandwich and if—

Wait.

Hang on.

What if it's Natsu?

With no hesitation, I smashed my ham sandwich back into my bag, not caring whether it got destroyed or not, ignoring the stares I got from the other teachers, and quickly pulled out my phone.