Ch 25

(Lucy POV)

<——Time Skip——Saturday——>

"Alright, does this look okay?" I asked Natsu as I looked at my reflection through the large wall mirror in our bedroom, "Ah, nevermind. I look like sh*t." I said, before letting Natsu even have the chance to reply.

We were preparing for our small hangout with our friends to tell them about our engagement.

I just didn't know what to wear. I was having one of those days where I feel like I have no clothes and everything I own is ugly. Ugh, why today?

"You look beautiful as always, baby," I could see him slipping on a plain black t-shirt behind me through the mirror, "And it's just a small hangout type of thing, I don't know why you're stressing over small details," He finished.

"Well, I'm not like you," I huffed, "You make everything look good. And not even just clothes, but food. How do you make broccoli seem so yummy? It's gross." I playfully glared at him in annoyance.

He chuckled, "You were just talking about your outfit, now you're complaining about broccoli? Are you okay?"

I sighed, I've already changed my clothes like three times...

Oh well, if people don't like how I look, then all they have to do is not look at me.

Yeah...

I was wearing a black tank top and green shorts that went well with my necklace, along with a light brown pair of leather shoes and a loose blouse type thing that had a feather design all over it.

(The glasses aren't a part of Lucy's outfit)

"Okay, I guess I'll just stay like this then," I stated, finally making up my decision, "I don't look like a weirdo though, right?" I asked once more for better reassurance.

I just need to know. I don't want to leave home looking like a complete fool. Ugh...

"You always look like a weirdo," Natsu sighed as he entered the walk-in closet, probably to find himself a pair of shoes, "You look stunning, I just don't understand how you can't see that, baby," He continued as he walked back out with a pair of dark blue sneakers that went well with his light coloured jeans.

After he slipped them on, he came up to me and kissed my cheek, "We have to get going now, unless you want to be late."

I nodded, "Alright,"

I guess I'm just going to have to trust him, though, when don't I?

———

"I knew it! I just knew it! Ah! I'm so happy for you guys!" Levy squealed, almost bouncing up and down in happiness.

"It is an unexplainably incredible love you both have for each other, I've never seen anything like it. Congratulations," Jellal congratulated, before taking a sip of his black coffee.