Chapter 6- Seeking for Answers

JASPER'S P.O.V.

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL IS SHE SAYING?!

"Hon, what are you talking about? Alam mo lasing ka na eh, iuuwi na kita."

That's her boyfriend. Tama siya, lasing na si Kate. Hindi ako dapat nakikinig sa mga sinasabi ng babaeng yun!

"No! Maybe I'm tipsy but I'm definitely NOT drunk!"

Naiirita na ako sa kanya! Hindi naman siya yung hiniwalayan ko ah? And kasalanan ko bang hindi maka-move on si Sheena? Hell! Hindi na niya kailangan gumawa ng mga stories na ganyan just to keep me.

"For heaven's sake! Shut the f*ck up! stop spreading rumors about all of this. This is bullsh*t!"

"Teka lang pare...sobra ka na ah.."

"Stop Josh! He's not worth it, really. Wala naman akong magagawa kung ayaw niyang maniwala. Kawalan niya yun! Lets go!"

I finally had my last straw! I got her wrist and spin her around. I don't care if she's with her boyfriend. I need answers and clarifications!

"Ano ba?!"

Bago ko siya makausap, naramdaman ko naman na tumama sa akin yung sapak nung boyfriend niya.

BUGSH! (May sound effect kuno. HAHAHA!!!)

"STOP IT PARE! Hindi ako magandang kaaway."

"Josh! Lets go!"

Dammit! Nakakainis! Pero hindi ko sila hahayaan makaalis ng hindi ko nalalaman kung ano yung ibig sabihin niya kanina. Nakakahiya na kami dito, but I really don't give a damn!

"What the hell were you talking about a while ago, huh?! If you're friend can't handle what happened between us, tell her stop telling absurd things to you. It's very pathetic!"

"YOU ARE PATHETIC! You don't need to worry about her, I'm sure as hell the reason why she didn't tell you about all of this is that you're a moron and an immature jerk! Go to hell, *sshole!"

She hurriedly left the bar and I was left there stunned. I really don't have any effin idea what she's talking about. I've seen the people around me, whispering and giving me odd looks. I stared at them wishing to mind their own freaking business. I left the club and went to my car. I hate this! I hate this night! And I terribly loathe that girl!

It was past midnight when I got into my condo unit. To tell you the truth, hindi na talaga ko mapakali sa nalaman ko kanina. Is it true? If it is, what will I do? I was tempted to call Sheena, pero alam kong tulog na siya ngayon.

Kung totoo yung sinabi kanina ni Kate, anong gagawin ko? For heaven's sake! Sa sarili ko nga, wala akong pake paano pa kaya sa batang yun? But no, I have to take my responsibilities. I have to be a good father.

Ako si Jasper Cruz, isang businessman and sooner or later, magiging akin na yung business ng family namin. Hindi ako mabait na tao. I've had a fair share of my own mistakes in life, some of them, I regret doing, most of them, not. Lumaki akong spoiled ng magulang ko since only son and heir ako. I've changed, but just like what every one said: Bad habits, die hard. But I've grown up as a responsible and a gentle man.

Kaya... kahit hindi ako sure sa mga sinabi ni Kate kanina, I have to make my move to know all the truth. At kung totoo man, ready or not... I have to accept it. Bahala na kung anong mangyayari.

After three weeks...

I could tell you honestly I've been trying to call her for quite some time now but she kept on not answering any of my calls! I'm annoyed and any minute now, I'm going to burst! I hate this!

I was driving my car along this road when I saw her car. BOOM! I followed her and suddenly she stopped in the St. Luke's Hospital. What is she doing here?

"Sheena!"

She looked at me. I could tell by her eyes that she was shocked to see me standing in front of her...NOW.

"Jasper? Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Actually, I also wanted to ask that same question to you. What are you doing here, Sheena?"

 Matagal siyang hindi nakasagot. She was biting her lip.

"May bibisitahin lang. Ikaw?"

You can't fool me. SHE can't fool me! Tinakpan niya ng small purse yung tummy niya. May small lump na dun. Sa unang tingin hindi mo mapapansin. I admit, sexy naman kasi siya. Ewan ko lang kung aware siya dun...

"Bibisitahin? Sino?"

"Gosh Jasper! Bakit ang dami mong tanong?! Reporter ka na ba ngayon?"

A small smile lingered in my lips.

"Jasper, I need to go."

"No. Not after telling me kung sino bibisitahin mo, Sheena. Doctor ba?"

Nanlaki yung mga mata niya. At kitang-kita na gulat na gulat siya. Namumula na siya. Hindi ko alam kung dahil sa init ng araw o dahil sa mga sinasabi ko.

"Tell me, Sheena..."

"W--what?"

"Are you pregnant....

...with my baby?"