7. Wrong move

I flung my eyes open for my thoughts to be met with the reality i was dreaming. More like having a nightmare. I saw him. How was it possible for my mind to latch onto his face and existence already. Usually people would only dream of fictional people or people they are very fond of the ones you come across on a daily basis. But Baekhyun hasn't become a favourite of mine. I have only met him twice and those times couldn't be considered good in any way. Perhaps for him but i know something isn't right for me to have a horrible dream like that. It was too realistic.

I let go of my lingering trauma and decided i wouldn't sleep anymore.

I'm not trying to return to that dream boo so i'm off to watch TV.

I reached for my remote that was by me and turned on the TV restoring light in my room. Wiping away the tiredness from my eyes i turned to my channel.

"We've just been handed recent reports of yet the 12th shooting this year in East Daejeon from yet again the suspected Verge gang tonight at 10pm. This was a middle aged woman shot dead infront of her house and the criminals got away. Police are investigating and has suggested with given evidence, that the woman was standing by her door for a while possibly negociate  with the criminals that shot her. It is predicted they wanted some form of valuable items and they shot her for unknown reasons. We greatly advise children, mothers and young people keep clear of the street at late hours or be in a safe enviroment. We wish the best for the family and we will look into this more." The news reporter announced, neatening up her pile of papers.

Immediately i switched the channel to a reality show. I honestly couldn't be asked with listening to depressing stuff like that. It was hard as it was coping with Dad's passing but hearing so many people in my city being victims of criminal offence or trauma. They call themselves the Verge. Odd name. All i can hope for myself is to stay in lady lucks path and live my life. That's my main concern. Not danger. Death doesn't scare me, i only get scared when someone tries to kill me. That's obvious for everyone.

For the remains of the night i watched the reality show that I had put on. I could've sworn i heard the door shut again. Curiously i leaped out of bed and peeked through my curtain and saw the simliar sight of my drive way. By the door i saw two tall dark silhouettes talking. They were handing eachother things. I definetly made out one of the guys was Kai, i mean that was the only logical conclusion from hearing the door close.

I was certain one of the objects was a gun.

The shape of it was clear with the helpful contrast of the dim light. I couldn't bring myself to stop looking there. My heart was racing my head was everywhere but it wasn't the moment to get paranoid. Who wouldn't just seeing a criminal news report of a fucking shooting and then seeing an actual gun in crystal sight.

It better not be what I think is going on. This ongoing assumption I have that Kai is involved in such illegal business. But.....Kai wouldn't.

7am

The alarm performed its usual annoying routine of alerting me of the time. My fist automatically clenching. I slapped my alarm across the top of it and it stopped ringing.

I got a hold of the situation and momentarily fell asleep again. Yes i didn't realise. But here we are. I slapped myself and slid off on my bed. Fortunately i didn't have another dream at all. Preferable compared to another nightmare. I was feeling the heavy sleep. It's was hitting me bad. I cursed internally remembering the lecture I had today. The thought drifted into the corner of my head labelled- i can't be asked.

I found myself imaging a scenario where i met baekhyun again...that would be three days in a row. Eventually I laughed at the fact  am i thinking of that. I lost sleep because of him. And my damn job. Dammit, i need to look for a new one actually.