chapter 03.

( CHAPTER 3 )❛  morning meetups  ❜

( CHAPTER 3 )
morning meetups

_____

     APART FROM HER home, Elena's favourite place to be was the Detroit police station. She'd been working there for around 3 years now, and seeing as she loved her job, and loved being there when her father would bring her to work when she was younger, she knew the place like the back of her hand.

It was around 9 am on November 6th, as she sat in her desk, which she'd been accustomed to ever since she started here, an empty coffee cup in hand, contemplating whether she should actually get up and get another one. Her father's desk was at the other end of the room, and of course he hadn't arrived yet; he arrived when he wanted to arrive. The station was usually busy in the mornings, but today many of the desks were empty, letting Elena start on her new case with some peace and quiet.

What she didn't expect was a familiar voice to catch her attention, as an android's figure stood beside her desk.

"Good morning Detective Anderson," he stated, as Elena turned her chair away from her computer with a smile tugging at her lips. Connor looked just as he did the night before. Same clothes, same hair, yet he had a much lighter look on his face; it was a much nicer side of him, she noted.

"Good morning to you too, Connor. You sleep well-oh, well, guess you don't sleep at all, right?" Elena asked, leaning her head on her hand.

"No, I do not. Though I can go into a rest mode, which is similar."

Elena nodded; she enjoyed learning new things about androids.

She was about to ask him something else before he spoke up. "Do you know when your father will be arriving at the station?"

Elena's smile faltered as she let out a sigh with a shrug. "Not a clue. He comes and goes when he wants, I'm surprised the Captain allows it."

He processed this information, which didn't tell him much, but he nodded nonetheless. Even though Elena was working on the case, her father still led it, so they'd both have to wait for him to arrive before beginning.

Elena knew his next question was probably coming. "About last night...what you did, it was pretty..."

He couldn't seem to find the proper words. "Stupid?" Elena finished, nodding her head. "Yeah, I know...it was kind of spur of the moment."

"Yes, but it was also brave. I wanted to thank you, even though you really shouldn't do that again. I am just an android, after all, and your life is more valuable than mine."

Elena wanted to protest, but she nodded nonetheless. "Yeah, I know."

Connor's eyes drifted across her desk for a moment, LED swirling yellow. It went back to blue as he returned to her gaze. "How long have you worked here for?"