chapter 09.

( CHAPTER 9 )❛  evanesce  ❜

( CHAPTER 9 )
  evanesce 

_____

HANK KNEW SOMETHING was different with her daughter and the android once their work day began. It wasn't just another day at the station anymore, Elena and Connor had been working much closer than before, usually Connor being the one to visit her desk.

Once they received a case about an incident at The Stratford Tower, and even though they were separated as Elena sat in the passenger's seat, Connor in the back, Hank could sense the weird connection the two had. He swore it hadn't been like this 2 days ago.

Whatever it was, he didn't like it one bit. Well, besides the part of him that was happy for his daughter who finally had someone who she could consider a friend. Other than that, he knew it'd take quite awhile for him to get used to whatever the hell kind of friendship his daughter and the android had.

The elevator drawled on as Connor tossed his coin around. It was late afternoon on November 8th, and Elena sported her usual trench coat, with jeans and a turtle neck sweater.

Elena was pulled out of her thoughts at Hank's sudden movements as he snatched Connor's coin from his hands. "You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor."

"Sorry, Lieutenant," Connor said, a hint of sass laced in his words.

Elena bit back a smile, shaking her head as she stood behind the two idiots.

The three had finally arrived at the 79th floor, revealing a long yellow and black hallway that led to the broadcast room.

"Hi Hank, Elena," Chris greeted, the two Andersons stepping out into the hallway.

"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank asked.

Chris scoffed. "Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in. Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."

Elena's face crinkled for a moment, knowing how annoying this case would get now.

"Ah christ, now we got the Feds on our back...I knew this was gonna be a shitty day," Hank complained. "So what do we got?"

Chris led them down the hall. "A group of 4 androids...they knew the building, and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed."

"Seems they really thought this through," Elena wondered out loud, walking behind them, and alongside Connor.

Two other officers were discussing not checking the roof yet, something they'd have to do.