Chapter 9

.............................................

Picture of wand = (Use your imagination :-)

.............................................

 "What happened?" he's serious now. We both walk over to the living room chairs and sit down.

 "I went out flying at that cliff I always go to. While in the air, I got this searing pain in my skull. Kinda like my head was being crushed with an anvil. I lost focus due to the pain and fell into the sea. Then it was like all my bodily functions had stopped working. I couldn't move. I just let myself sink deeper into the water." He was listening attentively to every word. 

His face showed that something was obviously wrong. Like he knew something I didn't. "That does not explain why you were gone for an entire day." He says calmly.

 "I was getting to that. I just wanted to see if you had anything to say about the life threatening episode I had." I say suggestively. He just stares at me and waits for me to continue. I sigh and continue.

 "When I finally regained control of my body, I swam to the surface and saw that I was in the middle of nowhere. I looked around and saw that there was an island nearby, so I swam to it. When I got there, I laid down for a bit to let my wings dry out before I came back, but then I realized that I had no idea where I was or how to get back home. I decided to wander the island." I paused to see his reaction. He was still listening attentively. I continued again.

 "While I was looking around the island for any sign of civilization, I tripped a wire I didn't notice was there that set off this trap-like thing and was lifted off the ground  into this giant sling shot that flung me into the air. It was a long journey, but at the end of it, I saw that I was in what looked like a tree house. There was also this woman there in front of a large desk with a lot of test tubes and whatnot-" 

 "Wait! How did you just see yourself in a strange woman's home?" He interrupts. 

 "Well dad, as Mia explained later on, I went through a portal." I tell him.

 "A portal? Who's Mia?" He asks.

 "Oh! Mia was the woman standing at the desk and yes, a portal. Mia explained that how the portal works is that it takes you somewhere, but you remain unaware of how you're getting there or when you've gotten there. She's a witch." Dad's eyes widen.

 "A witch?!" 

 "Yes dad. She also knows who we are, what we are and why we're here." I say as I sink into the chair further.

 "I thought I told you never to reveal our secret." He says annoyed.

 "Do you really think I would do that, dad?" I shake my head. "She just waved this wand thingy over me and straight up told me that I was a demon. Turns out, the wand is used to identify any and all supernatural species. She also knew my name." I inform him. He sighed. 

 "How did she know your name? Did you tell her?" He asks.

 "No. She said she foresaw our arrival on earth and she had been waiting till the day she got to meet me." I say to him.

 "So she had a premonition. That's rare. What I can't seem to understand is how there are still  witches here on earth. I was told that they all lived in Kosmo magissas." 

 "Witch world?" Ha! Funny. "I thought everything you told about that place wasn't real."

 "Storm, Kosmo magissas does exist. I didn't tell you that because knowing you, you would have gone looking for it and even at that, you still wanted to go." He rolls his eyes.