Chapter 11 - part 2

------------------------------------------------

<3

------------------------------------------------

Searching for the office was quite the task because it was one of the rooms furthest from the elevator, but we found it eventually.

I knock on the door and we enter when we hear a muffled 'come in' from the other side.

The doctor is a woman that looked to be in her late twenties. Slightly shorter than I am with brown shoulder length hair. She has glasses placed nicely on the bridge of her nose and is wearing a lab coat.

Not bad.

"Hi. I'm Doctor Jenson. The receptionist told me you'd be coming up. What seems to be the problem?" She asks with more emotion than her colleague at the desk.

The room is silent as the girl stares at the floor unaware of the fact that both the doctor and I are waiting for her to speak seeing as she's the one in crutches.

She looks up to find everyone in the room staring at her. I shoot her an expectant look.

"O-oh right. I'm sorry." She blushes.

"Well I tripped and hurt my ankle. I tried to get up, but couldn't."

Wow.

After all her complaining, that's the best she's got?

"Please take a seat." Doctor Jenson says gesturing to the patient's bed. I turn to the doctor as she starts checking her foot.

"She tripped over me and landed on her foot. She couldn't walk so I carried her to the nurse's office at our school. She gave her the necessary first aid, but asked us to come to the hospital to get it checked properly just in case."

"I see. Well it's a good thing you didn't let her walk when it happened. I fear that there may be a slight crack in her bone. I'll have to do an x-ray to make sure."

"Can you please answer a couple questions first?" Doctor Jenson walks over to her computer and starts typing.

"Full name?"

"Allison Marx."

So that's her name...

"Date of birth?"

"9th – March – 2001."

"Parent's or guardian's name?"

"Alyssa Marx."

I zone out after her mother's name. I wonder why she didn't mention her father's name. Is he dead?

Who knows?

"Alright. That's all I need. I'll be right back." I follow the doctor out of the office leaving Allison there.

"Um excuse me?" I tap her shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Can I settle all the bills? For everything."

"Oh well that's quite alright if you really want to."

"Yes I do. I will give you my details and you can just charge it to my account."

"Well sure thing. After we're done, I'll contact you with the bill."

"Also, I don't want her knowing I paid for it."

"Well that's gonna be difficult because how would I explain that all the bills have already been cleared?"

"Can't you please just come up with some excuse? A promo? An anonymous sponsor or something?"

"I guess that second one could work."