Walking In The Day - Pt 8

WitD

The Blaze offices were bustling with activity; they were putting the final changes on the first edition. There were 24 new students, and the first addition was, traditionally, a forum that the school used to introduce, and welcome, the new students.

"Kam!" called out Connor, his eyes searching the room for Kameron. "Kam! Farley didn't get his interview, go pull Peyton Falke out of class and do the standard ten question interview in the library, will you?"

Kameron's arctic blue eyes looked up at the ceiling, as if waiting for a lightning bolt to strike her dead. When it didn't come, she got up, grabbed the paper from Connor's outstretched hand, looking down to see that Peyton was in gym, and headed off to gather her interviewee.

WitD

Peyton was playing volleyball, a game she had once excelled at, but today, she was faking gracelessness. "Sorry," mumbled Peyton as she hit the ball into the net, purposely.

Kameron was standing off to one side of the large gym, watching, arms crossed, thinking she'd call Peyton aside and she could do the interview and have it over with. Clicking the recorder on and off absentmindedly.

Peyton looked up, catching Kameron's gaze and she didn't move, licking her lips and staring hard at Kameron. Then, the ball hit her hard in the chest, causing a few of her competitors to laugh.

"Swap me out," commanded Peyton to the team Captain, Samantha.

"Ok," said Sam with a chuckle. Samantha waved to another girl, who took her place.

Peyton walked to the opposite side of the gym of where Kameron was standing. Staring at each other for a few hot moments, Kameron decided to be the one to make the first move.

The tall teenager made her way towards Peyton, who was standing against the folded bleachers, one leg up against it; arms crossed looking sweaty and sexy.

"Hi," said Kameron, her voice higher than normal.

"Hey," said Peyton. "You don't have gym this period, you have Blaze duty."

Kameron narrowed her eyes. "How did you know that?"

"I asked around," said Peyton.

"You did?" asked Kameron. "Why?"

"I don't like a mystery," said Peyton. "You are a mystery," added the dark haired beauty.

Kameron was about to launch into a defense, but instead, she shifted gears. "I have to do your interview for..."

"No," said Peyton cutting her off. "I told that geek that came at me the first time, no."

"No?" asked Kameron, not sure how to go to Connor and tell him someone told her no. No one told her no, but there was no way to charm Peyton into doing it, since Kameron had difficulty reading the woman at all.

"No," repeated Peyton.

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Yeah, why?" asked Kameron.

"Because I don't get anything out of it," said Peyton.

"Ok," said Kameron sweetly. "What do you want out of it?" asked Kameron.

"What are you willing to give me?" asked Peyton in a sultry tone. She turned and leaned her left shoulder on the bleachers, arms still crossed.

Kameron stammered, not sure what she could say to that. "Umm, well, see, I - err - don't, well, what do you want?" she asked again.

A small and mischievous smile spread over Peyton's usually serene face. "You answer the same questions that you ask me, this way, you're no longer going to be a mystery."