Scene 24: DRINK THIS RIGHT NOW OR I'LL POUR IT ON THE FLOOR AND BLAME IT ON YOU.

The diner came soon after. They left the three other dorkweeds at the thrift store and made their way down Main Street.

Felix huffed in the cold air, wishing he still had a grocery bag full of heating packs. He'd be taping them all over his body that day; the season was getting oppressively chilly. Even thinking about curling up on the pull-out couch didn't make Felix happy anymore. Of course, Quinn had a heater, but Felix missed the heating lamp above his bed and the heavy weight of ten hundred blankets overs his body while he slept. Quinn had only given him five blankets. How was a boy supposed to live with less than twelve?

He supposed he could have bought some at the store.

But when they entered the diner and the smell of hot coffee wavered over them, Felix grinned and put the cold out of his mind.

Quinn led them to a booth next to the window and they sat. Felix tried sitting on the side closer to the door, at once, but Quinn panicked and explained he always sat on that side.

Felix awkwardly picked himself up and switched sides, but didn't say anything.

After a second of getting comfortable, a streaky-haired waitress came over and smiled at Quinn. Felix realized then that he must have come in more than just often because, without asking him, she poured Quinn a steaming cup of coffee and then talked and talked and talked.

Felix had to get her attention, by waving a hand, just to get her attention for a second to ask for a cup himself. The woman looked annoyed to shift her gaze, but quickly gave a fake smile and said "sure, honey," then went back to talking.

After five minutes, Quinn kind of shooed her away and did the most insecure thing Felix had seen him do. He blushed and said, "I can sit here for hours when I can't get my writer brain on. It usually entails me annoying the crap out of the waitress on-duty, asking about things to spark my imagination. That one's a little too used to talking to me."

Felix smirked.

"But speaking of awkward women... Has Ryan been acting funny, do you think?"

He hadn't known her long enough, he thought, to know if she was acting different than usual. "Like how?"

"I don't know. Like, she keeps averting her attention from our conversations and has been hanging out with James and Ray more than before. And..."

"What? Did she usually hang out with you more than them?"

"Yeah!" He looked a bit fired about about it, but was also obviously suppressing it. There was no need to make a scene in an innocent diner.

"I think you're jealous. But, also, you've been hang out with me more lately. Maybe it started with her being jealous about you finding a new friend and now she's trying to show you up." Felix hadn't talked so gossipy a single moment in his life. But he found it interesting to be throwing around casual psychology theories.

Quinn's face fell. "You might be right for once."

"For once?"

"Well, you are just a lonely stoner," Quinn joked.

"I'm not on drugs!"

Quinn laughed and then downed his coffee in one gulp. The waitress was back in half a second just to refill it and smile at him. Then Quinn ordered an omelette and Felix told them he wasn't hungry. Quinn argued a moment, that Felix was "never hungry," but let it go soon after.

When the food came, Felix gave Quinn a quizzical glare when the red head dumped have the bottle of tabasco sauce on not just his eggs, but also his bacon and hashbrowns.