Stage 12

.Summer arrived.

That was it. It arrived. Nothing special right. Wrong.

"Hey (Y/n)! Get your butt off of your bed we are going to the beach!" Screamed Ruwei. His sunglasses glinted in the sun. "Coming Mom!" I mocked

"(Y/n) don't talk back to your mother like that!" Boomed the loud voice of Xander. Ukyo laughed and put his sunglasses on as well.

"We'll meet you at the beach," Ukyo said looking my way. I nodded and smiled.

"When Quon comes, tell him I'll be waiting for him at the beach," Ruwei said while tilting his sunglasses getting a shimmering glint on them. "We'll round up the others and then set up the party. How's that Ukyo?" Ruwei asked. He got no answer. "Ukyo!" He scolded. Ukyo was on his phone again. It was the twelfth time this week Ruwei had to scold the ninja about being on his phone while someone was talking to him.

Ukyo only shrugged and wandered off. Perhaps to join Yugo in his attempt on packing the items for the beach gathering.

"I swear that boy needs his phone taken away from him," Ruwei said. "(Y/n), go get changed we will be leaving in five. With or without you." I scowled and ran to my room putting my swimsuit on it was a (Two pieces/ one piece). I also put on my floppy hat to shield out the sun for most of the day.

Usually, Ukyo would wait for me but this time he was nowhere in sight. I was disappointed. It had taken me two minutes to change and the rest of the group had abandoned me. 

"WHAT GREAT FRIENDS YOU ARE!" I yelled. From the bottom of the hill, Ruwei screamed back. "YOUR WELCOME!" I couldn't help but laugh a little. I launched my beach bag over my shoulder and ran down the hill.

"Wait up guys!" I yelled down to them. I saw Ukyo put his phone away then taking a glance at me a simple gesture that said 'sure I'll wait'. I smiled brightly and ran down the hill.

Once I had gotten to the bottom Ukyo wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we started off to the beach. Not long during our walk, Ukyo began glancing at his phone again. This time he blushed and released his arm from my shoulders to tend to the text. Ukyo's eyes seemed to sparkle every time a new message popped up or buzzed on his screen. 

I attempted to peak over his shoulder for a quick glance but all the boy did be hide the phone and push me away from him.

I started to get curious. I even tried begging Ukyo to let me see his phone. This only caused Ukyo to walk faster away from me. I tried catching up with him but alas it didn't work to my content. I tried hard to keep up with him as well as sneak a peek at his phone. I was getting annoyed.

I stopped for a while and let Ukyo text this unknown person in peace. We got to the beach and set up our items. Everyone was here Shu, Valt, Wakiya, Daigo, Rantaro, Chris, Trad, Shasa, Honey, Free, even Zac showed up! "So Ukyo, do you want to hang out?" I ask him, the blue-haired boy only shrugged and went back to his phone. "It's alright (Y/n) he isn't ignoring you, he is just busy texting whoever he is texting." I thought.

Chris came up to me and hugged me. "Chris! I didn't see you sneak up on me there!" I said surprised. I hugged her back thought. I joined up with all our friends taking a dip in the blue waters of the ocean. Today was absolutely beautiful, fun too. It would have been a blast if a certain someone came in to play.

For the time being, I stayed and played along with Honey and the others. It was almost lunch time and Ukyo still hasn't looked up from his phone. I felt envious. Ukyo was spending all his time at this gathering looking at his phone. Finally, Ruwei called us over for lunch. "Get it while it's hot," He started. "Or it will get cold!" I stifled a giggle as we swam to the shore. I dried my (H/L) (H/C) hair and walked over to Xander who was flipping burgers. Ruwei was standing beside him and serving the group.