Chapter 3

MADISON'S POV

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. I opened my eyes to strange surroundings. Then it hit me. I'm in a hospital. I saw Dally look through the window and smile before walking in. Soda, Steve and Two-Bit followed. I smiled and Dally came and kissed me on the forehead. Soda sat on the other side and held my hand.

"This is my fault." Dally whispered.

"What?!" I was confused.

"You wanted to take the car in case of Socs and I said no. Now look where we are!" Dally was trying hard not to cry. I stroked his hair and calmed him down. I was at peace for a second before I noticed my bag wasn't here.

"Where is it? Where's my bag?" I started freaking out and Soda stroked my hair to calm me.

"Wait, what bag?" Steve asked.

"My backpack. The rest of my stuff from my dad's. It had books and clothes and the necklace my mom have me when I was born and the last picture my mom ever took with Dally and I." I started crying uncontrollably. Soda pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. Dally jumped up and kicked a chair.

"Those goddamn Socs." he silently cursed.

"Dally.." I said weakly, but Dallas cut me off.

"No, Maddie. Those assholes can beat me up, but when they touch you, that crosses the line. I'm going to beat those assholes and get your stuff back. Who's coming?"

Soda stood up, but I tightened my grip on his hand to let him know I wanted him to stay.

"Uh, you guys go. One of us should stay." Soda said sitting back down and I smiled.

The guys nodded in agreement and Dally kissed me in the cheek before storming out the door.

"Don't think just that because I didn't leave that I don't wanna kill those guys. Because I'm going to." Soda said and I could hear the anger in his voice.

"Soda, please." my voice cracked and he smirked and sat back down, holding my hand. I pulled in his arm and made room on the bed for him to lay down next to me.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." he whispered into my hair. His warm breath tickled my ear.

"Soda..." I barely choked out.

"No, I'm serious. From now on, I'm not letting you out of my sight." he hugged me close to him and I was breathing in his delicious cologne.

"Soda, that's so sweet. But you have a job. And I have Dally. I'll be okay. I promise." I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

We sat there talking for about a half hour until I fell asleep to the sound of his even breaths.

**************************************************************************

THE NEXT MORNING

SODAPOP'S POV

"Finally, I get to go home!" Mads said excitedly. I was so happy to see her smile again.

"Before we go," I said and pulled the locket out of my pocket and fastened around her neck.

"My locket. I completely forgot!" she smiled as she opened it. On one side was a picture of her and her mom. The other side was a picture of Dally and her mom.

"Why do you have that picture of Dally in there?" I asked sitting on the edge if the bed. She came and sat on my knee.

"You know Dally. He has his rep. So when we were 12, I told Dally I'd keep a picture of him and mom in here so she'd always be close." she smiled. I leaned over and kissed her gently before pulling away, grinning.

"You're perfect. You know that?" I kissed her on her currently blushing cheek.

"Let's go." she whispered and kissed me before standing up and pulling us out of the hospital room.

**************************************************************************

AT THE CURTIS HOUSE

MADISON'S POV

We pulled up to the Curtis house and put the truck in park. I was still woozy so I had to wait for Sodapop to help me in the house. I was perfectly fine with having him act as a crutch, but he insisted on carrying me in on his back. He smelled so good, couldn't resist leaning forward and kissing him on his cheek. He half chuckled and continued up the stairs. I reached over his shoulder to open the door since his arms were full. We walked into an empty house and I was so glad. He walked us into his and Ponyboy's room and I didn't object since I was so tired. I hopped of his back and laid down on the bed. Soda laid next to me.

"Can I borrow a t-shirt?" I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes cutely. He laughed and rolled his eyes before getting up. He pulled a baby blue one from the drawer and walked toward me.

"This one. To match you're eyes." he kissed me on the cheek.

He grabbed the hem of my shirt and began to pull up, but I stopped him. He gave me a confused look.

"I'll just go change in the bathroom." I whispered, but he grabbed my arm.

"Mads?" he sounded hurt. I'm comfortable with him. I really am. I took deep breath and let it out.

"Okay." I mouthed and closed my eyes.

He nodded and lifted up my shirt. He pulled it off, leaving me in my jeans and black bra, exposing my extremely large bruise on my left side. I felt his hand run over where the bruise is.

"Mads." he spoke, barely above a whisper.

"It was my dad," I start crying, "it's terrible. It looks terrible, just please give me the shirt." I reach for it, but tosses it on the bed.

He wraps his arm around my back and lays me down on the bed. I close my eyes tears escaping, when I feel Soda's soft lips press against the bruise. I open my eyes and look down. He then kisses right above my belly button. Then right below my bra. Then my collarbone. My jaw. My cheek. My nose. My forehead. And finally, his lips find their way to mine. We kiss passionately until I start feeling lightheaded. Soda pulls me off and helps me into the shirt. I toss my jeans to the floor and flop down, cuddled up with Soda. It was perfect.

*************************************************