1.

*edited 6/22/18*

A knock bangs onto the front door of the Gilbert Residence. Jeremy and Elena are startled and slowly make their way towards the door. Elena looked to Jeremy and put her finger to her lips, he only rolled his eyes and walked towards the door.

Elena chased after him, "Jeremy, wait!" He disregarded her hushed whisper and yanked open the door. Jeremy stops abruptly and Elena crashes into his back, looking over his shoulder. "Maisy?" She asks in disbelief.

"Honey, I'm home." Maisy Gilbert speaks dully without an expression on her face. She pushes her way through the door and heads upstairs, "My room still the way I left it?" Maisy didn't wait for a response.

"Am I dreaming?" Jeremy asks to make sure he wasn't the only one to see their adoptive sister come inside. At least she's not a vampire, Elena thinks to herself. 

"Nope. I saw her too, Jer." He nods and goes towards the stairs, Maisy coming down stops him.

"Is there any alchohol around here?" She rushes out and moves to the kitchen. Elena goes to respond as she follows, but is stopped before she can. "Hey, where's Jenna?" Maisy questions and glances at her adoptive siblings. 

"There was an accident..." Jeremy started off slowly. Maisy froze, then searched even faster through the kitchen. "Maisy, hey, stop." His words go ignored.

"Yahtzee!" Maisy exclaims and holds up the bourbon bottle in the air. She looked at Jeremy while pouring a glass, "How long ago?" 

"Two months ago," Elena answers sadly and felt guilt. Maisy stopped and frowned.

"Why didn't anybody tell me?" Her question goes unanswered. "Okay," she nods, "I'll go to the courthouse later and get the guardianship papers." Elena and Jeremy were stunned.

"But Jenna's boyfriend has custody of us," Elena argued. Maisy slammed both the bottle and glass.

"Why didn't ya'll just call me?" Silence. "Huh? Or did you not think that I would care?" Her eyes were filled with fury.

"You were looking for your birth parents," Jeremy spoke and waved his hand towards her.

"So, since we're not blood related, I'm not important?" Maisy raised her voice, then closed her eyes while sighing. She was trying to compose herself so that she wouldn't get violent. Elena and Jeremy's jaws were open a little in shock. "Forget it," Maisy downed her glass and then went to the front door. 

She opened the door but Jeremy's voice stopped her, "Maisy, wait." Said girl slammed the door shut gently. 

"What, Jeremy? Feeling bad about your poor older sister?" Jeremy went to answer, but was cut off by Elena.

"Hey! Leave him alone." Elena spoke gently towards her older sister.

"Don't tell me what to do, Elena. You're the little sister." Maisy said in a softer voice when she noticed how hurt Jeremy looked when she yelled at him. "I'm sorry, but I just found out about Jenna. So I'm pissed, and you know I have a bad temper."

Jeremy and Elena nod and pull her into a hug as Maisy starts to cry. They slip silently onto the floor and watch as their older sister breaks down at hearing about another lost family member.

**********