6.

*edited 6/22/18*

Damon gives Elena a glass of scotch

Damon gives Elena a glass of scotch. "Hey, have some bourbon. It'll help you forget." He looks to Maisy, who lays unmoving on a couch. Elena slowly takes the glass and drinks but doesn't seem to like it. "Yeah, it's strong. You know I can help you forget, too. At least the memories you don't want to keep."

"No. No compulsion. I need to remember. All of it."

Damon holds up her necklace. "I stole it back for you."

"He's really gone this time. I watched it happen. After everything that we went through to get...to help him. Now he's just...gone. And Maisy...she's going to be a hybrid...she's also Klaus' mate, so he's definitely coming back." Damon puts the necklace on the table beside them. Elena looks at him, "Where were you, Damon?"

Damon puts his hand on her leg. "I shouldn't have left. I promise you...I will never leave you again."

They look at each other. "Well, isn't this cozy?" They both look aside and see Stefan leaning against a pillar at the edge of the room.

Damon gets up, they're surprised. "What are you doing here, brother?"

Stefan walks into the room to the drink table and pours himself a drink, glancing at Maisy. "Last I checked, I live here. Klaus is gone, but he's asked me to keep watch on you until he returns. From now on, you're under my protection." He looks at Elena, holds up his glass to Damon and takes a drink. "Mmm, by all means. Carry on."

Stefan walks out of the room. Damon and Elena look at each other. A gasp brings their attention to Maisy, her hand flying to her head. "What the hell?" She thinks back, her hand flying to her mouth. "Oh my God, I'm dead?" Maisy cries out and looks at Elena. "Lena?"

"It's going to be okay," Elena rushes over and embraces her sister. Maisy starts to push Elena away, "Maisy, it's okay."

"No!" She finally gets released and she backs away from Elena, "I don't want to hurt you." Maisy admits sadly and looks down.

Damon walks over to her slowly and holds out the vial. "Drink."

"No," Maisy dejects.

"What do you mean 'no'?" Damon immediately questions upon hearing the word.

"Maze, you have to drink it to survive." Elena soothes and tries to persuade.

"I said 'no' because I don't want to be a monster," Maisy gets up and walks to the door. "I'm going to find Klaus."

Damon is suddenly thrown to the side, vial being taken from his hand. Stefan grabs Maisy and shoves the vial to her mouth. Maisy screams and tries to stop it. "Stefan!" Elena screams.

"Brother, stop! It's her choice." Damon rushes over and sees that the blood was already going down Maisy's throat.

Stefan drops her to the floor, "Klaus wanted me to make sure she survived." Stefan walked back upstairs, satisfied.

Maisy starts to writhe on the floor and scream in pain. Elena goes to help until Damon holds her back, "Elena, no. She might hurt you."

When Maisy calms and looks up, her golden eyes had veins crawling up her face. She collapsed and groaned on the floor. Maisy raised her head slightly, "Elena, Damon. Can I have a drink?"

**********