9.

*edited 7/21/18*

"Maisy!" Said girl shoots up in her bed. "Maisy!" It's Elena. She sighs and throws her comforter off and opens her door only for Elena to be there. 

"What, 'Lena?" Maisy asks tiredly.

"There's blood on the porch," Elena informed and when she saw Maisy unfazed she gasped. "Did you kill someone?" 

"Yes," Maisy spoke without shame. "I killed someone and I don't regret it." Elena swallowed thickly and walked towards her sister slowly.

"Maisy...you can't just go around killing people." She said it as if she was disappointed.

"Elena," Maisy took a step forward but stopped when Elena flinched a little. Maisy sighed, "When you have a thirst for blood you'll understand. But you don't, so don't give me that look." 

"You're right, I don't understand." Elena nodded, Maisy turned to go back to her room, and then Elena suddenly felt brave. "But as long as you have a thirst for blood, you can't live here." Maisy froze.

She whipped back around and sped Elena into the wall, holding her the neck with her fangs and glowing eyes. "I can live here whether you like it or not!" Hearing the yelling Jeremy came out of his room and Alaric came upstairs. 

"Maisy!" Jeremy yelled as Alaric was pulling out a stake.

Maisy turned to find Jeremy looking at her with terrified eyes, her face softens and the hybrid features disappear. She dropped Elena, who was struggling to breathe, and started towards him.

Jeremy flinched as well, Maisy stopped abruptly. "Jer...it's okay. I won't hurt you." She spoke softly hoping that he would stop being scared. He just shook his head. "No, I promise. I would never hurt you."

"But you would hurt Elena," Alaric spoke and just like that Maisy was angry again.

"Shut up!" She turned to him with murderess eyes. "You don't get to talk. This isn't your family!" Maisy walked towards him and when he went to stake her, she knocked it out of his hands and pushed him down the stairs.

"Alaric!" Elena and Jeremy yelled together and ran past Maisy to get to him. Maisy felt betrayed by her family, he was infiltrating their lives. "What the hell, Maisy!" Elena yelled this time.

"I don't think he should be involved in our family arguments," Maisy shrugged although on the inside she was hurt. Alaric groaned and held his head. "Quit being such a cry baby."

"Maisy, why are you acting this way?" Jeremy asks as he stands to confront her. Maisy walks down the stairs and stands in front of him.

"I'm angry and hurt." This caught Elena and Alaric's attention. "Angry because Alaric is in Aunt Jenna's room and you're treating him as if he's family." There were tears in Maisy's eyes. "Hurt because you and Elena are suppose to be my family and I never even got a call about Jenna!" 

By now the tears were streaming down her face. Maisy shook her head and sped upstairs only to come right back down, but in a new outfit instead of pajamas. "Where are you going?" Elena asked when Maisy opened the front door.

"Me?" She pointed to herself, "I am going to go blow off some steam. I might not even come back." Maisy turned and slammed the door behind her, pulling out her phone. She dialed the number that Rebekah left in her pocket earlier.

"Yes?"

"Rebekah, it's Maisy." Her voice cracked as she started to break down in the middle of the road.

"Darling, are you okay? Tell me where you are and I'll be there."

Maisy looked around, she hadn't noticed it but she had sped herself to the middle of nowhere. "I don't know." She collapsed into the street. "Rebekah, why does it hurt so much?" Maisy held a hand where her heart is.

"You're okay, everything will be okay."

Maisy looked down and she felt something in her mind flip. And her face went straight and emotionless. "I'm fine." She hung up on Rebekah and laid back in the road.

***********