Chapter 2: The beginning

Thanks for the votes! It means alot :) I write this with my bestie Jessica, she writes the odd chapters and i write the even chapters. So here's chapter 2! and do please vote after you've read it :) Thanks!

***********

Chapter 2

After Durrah left, i decided to spend time with my own family. My mum hasn't got back yet. I decided to just watch TV till she get back and we can go shopping!

I just flip through channels continuosly. None of them interest me. It's been a while i have not have a mother-daughter bonding time with my mum. Mostly because i've been studying and she's been working from day to night.

I dont really know where's my dad. Mum didn't really talk much about him and she always refuse to tell me whenever i asked. The last time i saw him was when i was 5. I can't really remember how he looked. But for some reason, that doesn't bother me at all.

I continued flipping through channels until I saw that 'Castle' was on. Yeah buddie, now that's mah show! My eyes literally glued to the TV during the show.

"OH MY GOD! CASTLE AND KATE KISSED!!!" I screamed and fangirled.

"Ding, Dong!" My doorbell rang. Urgh! Who's that? What kind of person rings my doorbell in the middle of my show? Must i really get the door? What if i missed some parts?!

"Ding, dong! Ding, dong! Ding, dong!"

Okay! Im coming for god sake! I ran to the door and opened it without bothering who was that.

"Hey sweetie, ready to go shopping?" My mum said in a singing tone.

I didn't listen to a single word my mum just said because i had dashed across to the living room and jumped to the couch and continued watching Castle. I had already missed about 5 minutes of the show! 5 minutes!

My mum walked in and sighed the moment her eyes landed on me. "Castle night again?"

"SHHH!! It's the best part!" I said, not even looking at her. My attention was on the screen.

She walks over to the TV and blocked my view. My whole body moved from left to right so that i can still see the screen from another angle. She picked up the remote and turned it off.

She.Turned.It.OFF. Oh no she did-n't

"WHAT?! NOOO! MUM! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?! I WAS ONLY HALF WA-" but i was cut off.

"No, we're gonna have a bonding time together. Now get ur butt off the couch and get dressed. U wanted to go shopping, didn't you?"

"BUT MOM, I-"

"Now."

I rolled my eyes and growled. I got up and went straight up to my room. How could she interrupt my Castle night?! Mums nowadays...I sighed.

I had left a skinny jean, a top and a varsity jacket on my bed because everything was packed and i knew i was going out with my mum today. I put on a bit of make-up and wore the sneakers i was currently wearing. I grabbed my bag and Im off to go shopping with my mum.

*******

*Durrah's POV

I actually had a good time yesterday. Was not what i had thought. The moment i got home, my mum had cooked for me lamb chop. My favourite! My brother had painted for me this portrait of me to place it in my new bedroom. No wonder, he always kicks me out of his room.

I went to the theme park with my family. It's been a while i had that much fun. Obviously my parents had done something embarrassing. But for some reason, i was not embarrassed. Maybe, i wanted to have an enjoyable day before i leave.