Prologue

Everything was white. Blinding white snow blanketed the ground and rolled over the hills in the distance. The sun danced across it, shimmering wherever it touched. From up here in my room, it looked like diamonds were hidden in the snow. It was beautiful, it was always beautiful. I had so much love for what would be my lands one day.
I sighed, pushing myself off the wide white couch that sat under the largest window in my room. I could stare outside all day, but I was to get dressed for the Winter Solstice party that was going to start soon. It was my birthday after all. As if she was waiting to hear my footsteps through the door, Bells knocked on it.
"Princess Solstice? May I come in?" I replied with a yes, grunting at my name. My parents thought they were so creative naming me after the day I was born, but I hated it.
Bells quietly entered the room, pulling in a large rack with multiple dresses on it as she observed my current state. She mumbled something to herself as she pulled out the chair covered in white fur that sat before my vanity. I took that as my cue to sit down so she could begin her work.
"Are you excited?" She asked, beginning to twirl my hair around her pale fingers. I rolled my eyes which in return got a snort from her.
"To turn twenty one? Oh I am so thrilled. Lay on even more kingdom responsibilities." Bells laughed.
It's not that I wasn't excited. I loved this place more than anything. Something just never felt completely right.
Almost an hour later I was staring at my reflection in the large mirror outlined with diamonds. My snow white hair was carefully braided on top of my head, a few curly pieces left down to frame my face. Small diamond snowflakes were carefully placed in my hair. My make up done gracefully with whites and hints of blue on my eyelids, my lashes a deadly black. Underneath, my blue eyes were glowing. The dress is what took my breath away for a second. It was such a light shade of blue it could almost look white, almost. It was a sweetheart neckline outlined with dark blue gems that went down my bodice. It looked like the snow was falling down my dress. The tiara was a dazzling mix of diamonds, pearls, and sapphire gems.
"Bells, you outdid yourself," I whispered, twirling around once as the enormous ballgown swung with me. She was beaming behind me.
"Ready for the party now?" I smiled, my teeth just as blinding as the rest of me tonight.