Chapter 12

*Skipped a few weeks till the final "cuz" yolo! (; *

Cheryl's P.O.V

I take a deep breath in, I look behind me to see my teammates doing the same thing. The goalkeeper gives me a faint smile, I smile back. I tug on my captains armband as I listen to the man announce the names.

This was it. The final. Germany vs England, the arch enemies.

The referee signals that we have to start to walk on, I look up in the crowd to spot Nicola. I wish it could've been Kimberley.

We all go to our side of the pitch and the German captain and I make our way to the centre circle.

"Tweedy, heads or tails?" He asks me, placing a coin on the top of his hand.

"Tails." I said that cause Kimberley always chooses tails.

He throws the coin up in the air, we all look at it when it lands on the grass.

Tails.

"Kick-off to England, shake hands ladies." We shake hands but exchange no words, she glares at me, and it scared me.

I call over Smith, she runs to me and I quietly tell her the plan, she nods.

The referee blows the whistle, I kick the ball to her. Here we go.

Kimberley's P.O.V

"Turn the telly on!" Sarah screams, getting a nod of approval from Nadine, so I nod aswell. Nadine turns the TV on and puts it on the sports channel.

"Wow. Ones each." Sarah states with wide eyes. She had taken a large liking to football recently.

"Chez better kick the Hitler army's arse!" Nadine says, eyes on the TV.

"Well that wasn't racist." I say sarcastically.

"Oh shush."

"Two minutes extra time...England needs to score!" Sarah states.

The two minutes pass, and before we know it, it goes to penalties.

I'm worried now.

Cheryl's P.O.V

Penalties.

We could lose now for all we know.

The manager gives us a encouraging speech to make sure we win.

All of our country is depending on us, and maybe some foreign countries.

The first penalty went to Germany, they scored.

Next was England, my best friend on the team scored.

Germany scored again.

England scored again.

Germany scored once again.

England scored, again.

I take a deep breath in, praying that they miss but they score, and England score again.

I look up, and I realise what's happened. They missed.

I have a chance now, and I know that. I place the ball on the penalty spot, and walk outside the box, so I can get a good run up. I take a deep breath, 'for Kimba' I say to myself quietly. The whistle blows. It's now or never. I run up, I was against one of the best goalkeepers in the world. I kick the ball. I scream when I realise what happened.

It went in.

We won the world cup.

My teammates run over to me screaming, with substitutes and members of the team running from the subs bench to celebrate.

I can't believe it. We won.