Not about angels

Never give meaning to a little act of sweetness for it might give you a wrong impression as well as expectation.

Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the single person you thought would never hurt you. 

Never forget, pain is just a temporary guest. You must never let it make a home out of you.

Nothing in the universe is stable; so how can you survive without moving?

Not all stories have another chapter. 

Nothing felt like mine anymore, not after you. All those little things that defined me; small sentimental trinkets, car keys, pin codes and passwords. They all felt like you. And more than anything else, my number- the one you boldly asked for that night, amidst a sea of people, under a sky of talking satellites and glowing stars.

You said no matter how many times you erased me from your phone, you woud still recognize that number when it flashed on your screen. The series of sixes and nines, like the dip of my waist to the curve of my hips, your hands pressed into the small of my back. Nines and sixes that were reminiscent of two contented cats, curled together like a pair of speech marks. You said if you could never hold me or kiss me again, you could live with that. But you couldn't bear the thought of us not speaking and asked, at the very least, could I just allow you that one thing?

I wonder what went through your mind the day you dialed my number to find it had been disconnected. If your imagination had raced with thoughts of what new city I had run to and who was sharing my bed. Isn't it strange how much of our lives are interchangeable, how little is truly ours. Someone else's ring tone, someone else's song, someone else's words, someone else's broken heart. These are things we inherit by choice or by chance.

And it wasn't my choice to love you but it was mine to leave. I don't think the moon ever meant to be a satellite. kept in loving orbit, locked in hopeless inertia, destined to repeat the same pattern over and over- to meet in eclipse with the sun - only when the numbers allowed.