054: forgive and forget

^boruto sings this. You can play it during that chapter, but you can restart it when he sings.

Sarada

It's been one solid month.

One fucking month.

One excrutitatingly awkard fucking month.

And it's killing me. Inside and out.

I can't sleep.

I can't eat.

It's funny because the only thing I've been feeding is the damn cat that he got me for christmas.

I lay in my bed wrapped up in the sheets. I wore one of my favorite hoodies... That just so happened to be one of boruto's..

I haven't sketched anyhting in a month.

I haven't taken any pictures in a month.

I sniff as i pet the midnight black cat that slept in my arms.

I don't know if i should just sell this thing or something because every time i look in it's eyes all i see is boruto.

The irritating feeling of dried tears on my face never left me. I've moved my desk away from him in the classes that we share.

Now that we've broken up sumire has been getting buddy buddy with him... If i know him well I'd say he's uncomfortable. I've seen the look in his eyes.

I've been hanging out with mitsuki a lot lately.
We went out for ice cream the other day... He tried to cheer me up.

Little did i know that im sobbing now... And it's killing me like everything else. This is exactly what inojin did to me. And it's so uncanny because both situtations had sumire in them!

I swear... When i get my hands on her...

"Ok that's it. I can't take it anymore seeing you like this. Just make up with him!"

"I--i can't... It's over Chouchou..." I sobbed as i pulled the hood over my head.

"No it's not! He was just drunk and he thought it was you!"

"It doesn't matter... It still happened. Im done. Just let me sulk in my sadness..." I cried.

She came over and wrapped her arms around me. "You guys will come around... God you need to get a hold of yourself sarada..."

I scratched the cat behind his ears. I don't think I've given it a name yet...

I sniffed. "Whatever Chouchou... Im not,in the mood. W--why does this kind of shit always happen to me? I never did anything bad to anybody..."

Chouchou sighed. "The baddest things always effect the good people more. But thats the circle of life." She smiled softly.

I sniffed again. "Could you get me that oreo flavored ice cream in the fridge? It's on the top shelf..." I mumble.

She nods. "Sure."

Im pathetic because boruto loves oreos. It's also his favorite ice cream flavor...

~°~°~°~°

Boruto

I draped an arm over my face as gulped down another bottle of beer. "You're a mess." Shikadai sighed he pushed a pile of beer i had drunken in the past two days. He was right though. I haven't shaved so i had a bad stubble on my jaw and chin. Iet my hair grow a bit so it was to my shoudlers.

Im a mess without her...

I groaned. " i miss her...i need to make things right..."

He nodded. "Well i mean that's the best choice right now if you want to save your relationship. Here," he said tossing me his guitar. I gave him a questioning look as i caught it.

"The hell's this for?" I ask as i sit up."

"Play her a song. That's how you get laid bro." I nodded. "I'll go right now!" I declare as i stand up.

He stood up and dragged me by the hair. "Hold it. Man what a drag... You really think you're going to impress her looking like a hobo? Take a shower, shave, and get a damn haircut. Then pick the song you're going to sing. Have some class man..."

I blinked before i nodded. "Yeah you're right." I raced into bathroom.

~°~°~°~°

I shaved my five o'clock shadow and got a haircut. I had on a plain t-shirt and some jeans. I zipped on my coat as i walked into the girl's dorm.

I went up to the third floor and knocked on Sarada's door. I waited a few seconds. She opened the door, then slamned it back closed. "Sarada c'mon--"

"Leave me alone! I don't wanna talk to you."

I sighed. "Sarada i was drunk. It was an accident, she tricked me! You really think i would just do that to you?" There was no answer.

I sighed again. "Im not going away until you forgive me..."

I turned shikadai's guitar around so it was in the right position.

I sigh before i start strumming the tune.

I start singing.

🎵heaven only knows where you've been
But i don't really need to know, i know where you're gonna go

On my heart where you're resting your head. And you just look so beautiful,
It's like you were an angel...

Can i stop the flow of time?
Can i swim in your divine?
Cause i don't think I'd ever leave this place

Oh, turn the lights turn the lights down low
Yeah, now im feeling you breathing slow
Cause, baby, we're just reckless kids
Trying to find an island in the flood...

Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights down low oh,

Moonlight, mood lights, moves like j-lo
Tell me what you want from me, I'll do it if you say so

Cause you're the only one for me, im never gonna say no,

I found me an angel, i can see it in your halo

Have you ever dreamt what we could do?
Have you ever sent an "i love you"?

I've never felt the feelings that i feel for you
So maybe we could make a we of me and you

Imma treat you right tonight, lets make it last forever,

I promise you that no one else will ever treat you better,

And if you don't believe me, please see i don't need no effort ,

All you gotta do is flip that switch before bed-up

Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights down low
Yeah, cause im feeling you breathing slow
Cause, baby, we're just reckless kids
Trying to find an island in the flood
Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights down low...

(Ok i dont want it to be too long)

I strummed the last chord with a sigh.

I felt one single tear roll down my cheek. Seriously this is what happens when you fall in love?

I waited like a minute before the door finally open.

I winced when i felt a stinging sensation on my cheek.

Then i felt arms wrap around my waist and a familiar head on my chest. "You... Are such a jackass." I chuckle as i wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"I know..."

.

.

.

.

.

See ya in the next one!