chapter four ; brew

╭⋟────────────────────────╮

❝ chapter four ; brew ❞

✦✧✦✧

第四章 ; 酿造

╰────────────────────────⋞╯

Chang Kyun finds himself waiting by the sidewalk at 6am, wrapped under layers of winter coats that make him look like a puffy penguin with a red nose replacing a black beak. He yawned and rubbed his mitten hands together, mentally cursing Jisoo for waking him up with an unnecessary morning call at 4am.

Letting out a loud yawn, the sound of tires on gravel alerted Chang Kyun of the car driving towards him. Stopping just in front of him, the window rolled down and Jisoo's cheerful smile appeared.

"Good Morning teacher! Come in!" He invited, opening the car door and scooting to the other side of the back seat. Chang Kyun entered the car and closed the door, returning Jisoo's greeting with a muffled Good Morning.

Jisoo opened his mouth to start a conversation but stopped when he noticed Chang Kyun already dozing off, he smiled and asked the chauffeur to drive them to the Son Residence. Whilst Chang Kyun fell asleep, Jisoo thought through his mixed feelings for the man.

He was excited to learn how to brew an espresso, knowing that his father has a particular liking for them but he too was wondering if having Chang Kyun as his teacher is going to ruin his father's and dad's marriage, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Jisoo let out a hiss at the sudden pain in his head and he decided to stare out of the window. 

Last night, he saw how his father had looked at Chang Kyun, with that gentle and loving expression that has always been reserved for those who he considers special or as a love interest. Jisoo was afraid that his father would gain romantic interest in Chang Kyun and leave his dad for him. With Jisoo nearing the age of adulthood, the idea of his parents divorcing was a possibility and not an empty threat. 

Jisoo was scared, sometimes, he would catch the Dad that had always put up a strong front for Jisoo to believe that the marriage could be salvaged, break down due to the emotional strain of his one sided love for his father. The nights spent hiding behind the door, watching Hyunwoo crying and begging Kihyun to forgive him and accept his love, broke Jisoo.

Jisoo closed his eyes, replaying the memories of when his father was having an affair with Yoongi hyung or Hoseok sunbaenim. His stomach felt sick and Jisoo opened his eyes, breathing a little heavily before he grabbed the plastic bottle in his bag and gulp down the water.

Screwing the cap back on, Jisoo placed it back into his bag as he leaned his head against the head rest, looking at the grey ceiling of the vehicle. His mind was overflowing with unwanted thoughts and memories that it hurt. Letting out a small whimper Jisoo tried to get rid of the headache without waking Chang Kyun up or causing suspicion and worry to the chauffeur.

The moment the car drove up towards the entrance of the residence, Jisoo woke Chang Kyun up and got out of the car as fast as he can. Inhaling the fresh cold air, Jisoo felt the suffocating thoughts being lifted and carried away by the cold wind. 

Chang Kyun stirred and took a moment to register his surroundings before opening the car door and stepped out of the vehicle, thanking the chauffeur before he closed the door. Rubbing his eyes and letting out a yawn, he looked at the residence before turning his attention to the young actor in front of him, standing in the snow with his arms outstretched.