38 • Clingy

We wait for the teacher to arrive as more students arrive in a fancy car. "Do I look pathetic like them?" Jihoon suddenly asks with a disgusted face.

"No! You never look pathetic," I say and hug him.

"That's good to hear!" He ruffles my hair and smiles cheerfully.

The teacher comes and gives us some talk. There are two bus going for the camp and Jihoon and I get in the second one because there are too many students who wants to get in the first one.

Jihoon loads in our bags in the bus storage and I get in the bus. Jihoon suddenly sits next to me and I push him.

"What?" He asks.

"I thought you're gonna sit with them?" I point out to the seat at the back.

"It's full can't you see it?" He says and sit next to me. He closes his eyes even before the bus starts the engines. I wave my hand in front of his closed eyes. I wear my earphone and play the song on my playlist.

Hmm, I guess he doesn't want to talk with me-

"Talk to me about something. They're too loud," He says while taking my left earphone and put it into his ear.

"About wh-"

"This could do," He says and lie down on my lap. I was shocked that I move a bit. "Stay still. I want to sleep," He puts his leg outside the seat lane and shifts his position comfortably.

"But you said we should tal-"

"Shhhh, I'm trying to sleep," He says and hugs his own body.

I look at his face from a really close-up view and I can tell that he have been taking a good care of himself for this while. I touch his hair and he twitches. I take my hand away from him. Suddenly he pulls my hand again and put it on top of his head.

"Continue. It makes me feel more comfortable as I know that you're here. By my side," He says and I keep quiet. I caress his hair lightly and his hair is actually really soft. What's up with him today? He's extra sweet, and clingy too.

He shuffles in his position and the earphone fell off from his ear. I try to put it back but he push my hand.

"There's no need. This song made me feel sad," He says and I immediately stop my playlist.

"Go on and hear it. I don't want you to stop doing something that you like because of me," He says and I nod.

"I'm sorry," I say and he keeps quiet.

After about 40 minutes, the bus finally stop in front of a big signboard. I tap Jihoon's shoulder and he opens one of his eyes.

"We're here," I smile to him and he wakes up immediately. He stretches his body and Mark hit his stomach while he walks out from the bus.

"Yaa!" Jihoon throws his jacket to Mark and laughs cutely.

The teacher divides us into two types of group which is sleep group and working group. My sleeping partners are Kang Seulgi, Jang Hyunji, and Kim Sejeong. It was all fine except the part that Seulgi will be joining me through the three nights. Well, for the working group, I get to work with Na Jaemin, Kim Haechan, Kim Doyeon, Yang Jeongin and Choi Yoojung. This is great!

But then I realize that I wouldn't get to spare some times with Jihoon throughout the camp. I look at him and he is looking at me too. I immediately avert my eyes to other place.

Before we get in, the teacher gives us some bread and water. Jihoon sits at the corner near the tree so I join him.

"Who is your sleeping partner?" I ask as I sit next to him.