32: Where You Go

I took his hand and tugged at its still form. "You're out of my reach, Raiden. You're closer to heaven and my hand can't touch your hand anymore, let alone your face. No matter how hard I fly, I can't seem to reach you.
You get farther when I get closer, and we're stuck in the same distance. Close to me but untouchable.
My wings burn, fluttering hard to get to you. Your tears fall, and land gracefully on my cheeks, their coldness tracing my face.
Crying with the tears of a loved one is much harder than crying with your own.

Soft clouds broke us apart, and then I realised how I've never wished for something so serene to disappear. I don't care about the world and how they see us, nor do I care about how you see us or see yourself.
We broke those chains long ago, and little did I know, that with breaking them, you'll float away. And I'm just weighed down by so much, that my flight can't get me to you." I looked at his sunken sad eyes. "You'll never be mine" I said lastly.

He squeezed my hand, and just like that, it was as if he squeezed my heart. I lifted it gently and kissed it.

A few minutes later, his eyes opened, and the doctors flew in at my command.

But at the same time, doctors rushed to another room. They looked panicked and on high alert.

Luna Dubois had passed away.

I cursed audibly.

Yes, she was devious. And yes, she was icky, but in the end, she did what was right. She helped me get to Raiden in time, albeit a bit too late.

I walked through the dimly lit corridors of the hospital, feeling them tightening as I pushed towards the last room in the hall I was in. Raiden's room.

The thought of walking down lines of hospital rooms made my skin crawl, bringing the memory of a poem I've read to the tip of my tongue.

It was a poem about life and death

A story of revival and a last breath

It was a poem about escaping eternity

With strikes of rage and cruel calamity

A soul is gone with the birth of another

The death of a sister with the rebirth of a lover

That's how life passes on

Through pain and through suffer

To keep a balance of what's above

With a crow of midnight

And a daylight dove.

It was true, Luna had died. But Raiden was reborn from her ashes.

"I was yours the day you saved me." Raiden spoke when I was back in his room. He heard what I said.

"You remembered?" I asked his tired figure.

"Sir I'm gonna have to escort you outside as the patient must not be bothe-" the nurse started but she was cut short by Dr. Grayson.

He thankfully let me stay, telling her that everything's well and functioning correctly. Though he did tell me not to take long, and he looked like he'd seen this scene before.

"I remember," he said, his eyes closed and breath shallow. "You saved me from them m, took me to the hospital in your Mercedes. I can't believe I sat so many times in that front seat and didn't recall it." he was getting teary eyed, and his voice was not too steady.

"It was the first time I drive it, and it was to get you to safety."

"And you did. You always do...and I know I don't... I don't say it aloud...but I've always had the belief... that you'd hold my back if I fell...not only my hand." he spoke in intervals, obviously struggling to speak.