Chapter 11

We spent one more night in the hotel and were off to New York in the morning. Plenty of kissing and weak spots and teasing later, we arrived in New York, had our concert, in which I sang "Viva la Vita" by Coldplay. Things didn't heat up until the signing the next day. We were getting set up, when I decided I needed a drink at the drinking fountain. I told Liam where I was going and he said he wanted to come too.   

We got to the drinking fountain and got a drink. Afterwards, he had me against the wall with a kiss. He made sure there was not even an inch of room between our bodies. It was so romantic until something pulled him away by his shoulders, turned him around, and kissed him. He tried to pull away, I could tell, but knowing him, he didn't want to be rude. But the girl had her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. After she finally let him go, she dragged him down the hall away from me. I heard him yell "BETHANY." I ran to my Liam.  

"Oh what's this? Your girlfriend's going to sweep you away?" Bethany taunted. This girl was a jerk and a half.   

I pretended to walk away intimidated. I was going to have to explain myself later to Liam. I found a spot where I could see her, but she couldn't see me. I couldn't hear anything. That's when I saw it. That jerk slapped him. Then she punched him. I couldn't take it anymore.   

--Liam's POV--   

Bethany had kissed me. Those words almost made me shiver. I sure hope that never happens again.   

"Why did you leave me Liam?" She asked.   

"I never left you. You walked away Bethany and you know it."   

"No I didn't."   

"Yes you did. You got angry and left."  

"NO I DIDN'T!!" She screamed. She slapped me.   

"Bethany, I think you need to---" She punched me. 

  --Emily's POV-- 

  I need to help Liam before she knocks him out and takes him. I obviously can't do much on my own, but I can go get Paul. I looked at my watch. 5 minutes till the signing. They'll start letting people in five minutes. I got Paul and dragged him over to where I saw an unconscious Liam and a smirking Bethany. Paul took care of Bethany while I got Louis. Something told me I should only get Louis. I dragged Louis to where Liam was laying. He had a giant bruise on his cheek, and a bit of a bloody nose. Louis decided to call 911. The ambulance arrived, and they said they could help him right here, and that they didn't need to take him in. The signing was delayed, the crowd was told why. When Liam came to, I was pacing near the drinking fountain. Zayn came over and said Liam was awake and he said my name.  

I went over to Liam who was sitting up against the wall. He motioned for me to sit on his lap. I did so and caressed his cheek with my thumb. "Liam........" I sighed.   

"Emily, I'm so sorry----" Liam began, but I put my finger to his lips and said "shhh." He kissed me. Bloody nose and all. Even if his nose was dripping blood, I still would have kissed him.   

"When is the signing?" He asked.   

"Whenever we want." Paul answered.  "But you're not doing it. Unless you want to."   

"I really want to." Liam said.