11

Demi

Wilmer.

I don't think I've ever gotten up so fast. There he was, finally standing in front of me like I had been wishing for the past month. I hesitated though, watching as he slowly shut the door and took a step forward.

"So... I thought about it." He said, after a few moments. "And I never should have left." Another step forward. "I know it's gonna be a while before you can trust me again, and forgive me, but I'll be here as long as it takes."

I practically launched myself into his arms, making him stagger back a few steps. He laughed and picked me up off the floor, spinning around a few times before he set me on my feet. Before he could speak again I pulled his mouth to mine, not wanting to wait.

"I'm so sorry." He breathed, before reconnecting our mouths. He kissed me deeply, like no time had even passed. "I'm so sorry, Demi."

I pulled his mouth to mine again and tightened my arms around his neck. "Tomorrow."

"You don't want to talk?" He asked, breaking the kiss.

"Tomorrow." I shook my head and craned my neck. "Tomorrow I'll care and be angry and sad but tonight I just want to be happy."

Wilmer held my face in his hands and his eyes searched mine for a few moments. "Okay."

I kissed him again and pushed off his jacket, yanking his shirt out from his jeans. Wilmer caught my wrists gently.

"Are you sure?"

"I don't want to have sex with you." I smiled softly and undid his pants. "But that doesn't mean I want you fully clothed."

Wilmer smiled and let his pants drop, then he fell back onto the bed, holding my hips as I climbed onto the bed. I leaned down to kiss him and slid my hands up his abdomen. I had missed this feeling so much; kissing him and touching his skin. It was better than any drug I'd ever done.

Once we were both down to our undergarments, I laid practically on top of him, our mouths only breaking apart for air. I couldn't stop running my hands through his hair and down his chest. Wilmer's fingertips skimmed over my back and lower, playing with the line of my underwear and smiling against my lips.

"I've missed you so much." He said, his voice rough and deep. "I'm so sorry, Demi-"

"Stop." I groaned. "I don't want to talk about it! I have spent the past month and a half away from you, and I don't want to talk about it tonight. Right now, I'm so incredibly happy that you're here and I can touch you and kiss you. I don't want to ruin that with talking about what happened and why you're here."

"Alright." He smiled softly and slid his hand to the nape of my neck. "I'm sorry."

I leaned my forehead against his. "So kiss me."

And he did.

~*~

Waking up the next morning was like Christmas. When I rolled over and found his body tangled in the sheets I smiled widely and snuggled into his side.

"Morning." He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Morning." I kissed his chest and raised my head to look at him. "Hi."

"Hey."

I sighed and propped my head up on my elbow. "Since Emily is probably up, we should get that talk over with."

"Right." He smiled sheepishly. "I'm ready for the angry part."

"I'm just trying to figure out where you're at... What made you come back? What happened that makes you think you'll be ready to be in Emily's life as a father figure?"