The Water Tower

Peter, Ned and MJ headed to his house after school to try and solve the case. It had been about a week or two since his first run-in with them, and he was getting really anxious. Who knew if what they needed was ready? What did they need? How long until their plan goes into action?

While MJ and Ned talked, Peter remembered something. When he was handing in the shadows of the abandoned building, he heard one of the men say that they could now transmit the disease through the air. Maybe Ned could find a place that would be an ideal location for that.

"Hey, Ned..." Peter was torn between being happier than he's ever been or angrier at himself than he thought possible. How could he be so stupid as to forget such an important moment like that?!

"What's up?" 

"Well, one night I followed those guys into an abandoned building, and they said something about their test being successful and now they were going to transmit it through the air." Peter said, really hoping that Ned would be able to find a good place for those guys to follow through with their plan. "Can you think of any place that they could do that from?"

"Let me check." Ned began typing away as Peter's heart thumped with nervousness. If this didn't work, they would be out of options.

"Wait, I might have found something." Peter whipped his head around to Ned's direction. "There's a really old water tower that hasn't been active since 2006. They never tore it down, and it's kind of in the middle the city, but it's hidden by a bunch of buildings."

"They would be able to release the stuff from there?" Peter was becoming really happy. But he didn't want to get his hopes all the way up quite yet.

"No, I just did all this research on a building that won't play any importance to what we're looking for and then proceeded to tell you about it. Yes, Peter, they wold be able to carry out their plan from there."

"Just making sure, geez." Peter got up and headed towards the door, a smile sneaking up his face. He might have just found them.

"Wait, where're you going?" MJ said. Her eyes weren't narrowed in a menacing way. They looked... scared? 

"I'm going to see if they're at the water tower."

"Be careful, loser."

"Always am."

"Mm-hmm." Ned replied, rolling his eyes. "Every time, never in any danger are you?"

"Shut up Ned." I say with a smile. "Guys come on! We might have just found our bad guy!"

With that I grab my bag with my spidey-suit in it and head out the door. After I change I start swinging to the tower, feeling a littler better than I want to, just incase this leads to a dead end.

Once I get to the water tower, I find an opening an quietly make my way through. I look around and see gadgets scattered all around, see on tables, others on the ground. This was the place.

There was one light lamp that attempted to light up the whole room, but didn't do too great of a job at that. 

I hide in the corner like I did at the building where I first met these men, hoping my bright red and blue don't stand out. Why did I choose such bright colors? Dark red and blue would be nice, hey I could even settle for black or grey. But nope, brightest red and blue I could find. Good going Pete!

Just as I was internally face palming myself, I hear footsteps come through the door. It's too dark for me to see the men, but I can hear their steps and one of them begins talking.

"We're almost ready. Only a few more parts which shouldn't that hard to find. It could be ready by tomorrow." I recognize this voice, but right now I don't care enough to decipher which one it is, I just want to stop them.

"Good. Very good."

"I don't want to ruin the moment or anything, but could we turn the lights on please?"

"Shut up!"

"No, it's fine." With that the lights turn on and my heat drops. Whoops. Note to self: next time, actually hide behind a physical object, not the shadows. 

"Oh, he guys!" I say.

"Well, well, well. I was expecting you, Mr. Peter Parker."

A/N: This one's still little shorter, but definitely longer than the previous one. I'm kind of buys at the moment and I might do another updater today or tomorrow, I'm not sure. Thank you guys for all of your support! I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I do writing it! <3