Chapter Two

(Bay of the Heli Carrier)

I settled in as instructed and we started to lift off. As often as I flew, I loved it each time. I guess being a thousand miles away from reality was calming.

Seated in the bay, strapped to a chair identical to others lining each wall, I rested my head back and squeezed my eyes shut. Exhaustion swept over me, but I stayed conscious.

Questions about the attack bounced around my head like a ricocheting bullet. I found my heart rate increasing and didn't realize how clenched my fists were until my nails bit into my skin.
"Calm down Tash focus." I began to slowly evaluate everything I saw today and the intel I received.
Hydra has trained soldiers, that not only managed to bypass S.H.E.I.L.D's security, but got in carrying weapons. Hydra wants old Red Skull files, to possibly recreate him, and have enough followers to ambush our entire base into lockdown.
Unfortunately, as I reviewed this information, only more questions produced.

"Where are we going?" I asked to anyone who could hear.

"A secure base in Russia." A familiar voice in the center of the carrier said. I opened my eyes slowly, oh how I needed sleep.
It was Steve Rogers, aka the famous Captain America.

"Hey, you're coming on this road trip too?" I joked. Snarky quips have always been my constitute for uncomfortable situations.

"Looks like it." He replied, smiling genuinely and took a seat across from mine. He was taller than me, muscular, blonde, and the only person I was willing to talk to right now.

"Colson assigned me last minute, what happened back there?" Steve asked, concern shadowed his features. I hadn't seen him in a few months, I was glad to have his company despite the circumstance.

"Eh I don't really know, Colson just gave me this assignment, on my way to the deck I got attacked, we were declared a code 7890." I stated.

"Interesting, you'd think it would be some kind of drill...guess not if they called a 7890." Steve-uh I mean Captain America said.

"Yep I thought the same thing until I was shoved aboard this joy ride!" I said bitterly remembering where we headed.

"Tash," Steve said calmly, leaning closer to rest elbows on his knees

"It'll be okay, you're strong, you've been assigned worse than this, remember I'm here for you. If you need anything please let me know." I thanked him and with that, he got up and left.

I decided to sleep and let my body relax into the seat. Figuring I could use as much rest, considering tomorrow was unknown.

-------------------------------------------------------