Chapter Six; 'Money And Honor'

"Swish." The doors of the airport opened before us. We walked in and preceded to do all of the treacherous security checks. I looked around at all of the chaotic bustle of the airport. I tried to asses every entryway, exit, possible weapon and what to do if disaster struck. I did this every time I walked into a room. I assessed every person and scanned the room for everything that could go wrong. After we finally finished all of the security check, passport verifications, and bag inspections we walked over to some chair and rested for the little while we could.

"I'm going to text Colson, I'll be right back." I said to Steve before walking into the bathroom.

"At the airport now, waiting for our flight. Keep in touch. Anything on Stark?"

"Okay but no nothing new on Stark."

"Ok. N.R"

I then threw my little burner phone on the ground and stomped on it with my heel like a toddler having a tantrum. I picked up its remains and rinsed them in water, lastly threw them in the garbage can.

"Nothing new on Stark." I whispered to Steve when I arrived back at my seat.

"10 minutes until our flight boards." He replied.

"Okay good." I did one last scan of the room before standing up to join the line that boards our flight. Steve following behind. I was wearing a stripped hoodie under an army green jacket, blue jeans, and high-tops. A Glock concealed under my arm. Steve and I both had license to conceal/carry a weapon so passed security without controversy.

"ПОЛЕТ 67 TO Wonsan СЕВЕРНОЙ КОРЕЕ, интернаты СЕЙЧАС. ПОЖАЛУЙСТА, ПЕРЕЙДИТЕ К вашим обозначенным ИНТЕРНАТ LINE. СПАСИБО." The intercom at the airport said. Translated to: FLIGHT 67 TO WONSAN NORTH KOREA, BOARDING NOW. PLEASE PROCEDE TO YOUR DESIGNATED BOARDING LINE. THANK YOU. We both stepped forward as the flight attendant took each person's ticket to board. I handed the woman our tickets, and walked in the little tube to our plane, Steve behind me. 

We took our seats but kept our bags with us. I got the window seat, allowing Steve to easily access the outside of our seat just in case something happened. Him and I already registered a plan in case there was a terrorist on board. Steve and I do this before we go anywhere that danger could lurk. We buckled in and the intercom on the plane said,

"PASSENGERS THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING MINSK NATIONAL AIRPORT, WE WILL BE LIFTING OFF IN 5 MINUTES PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS AND TURN OFF ANY ELECTROIC DEVICES THANK YOU FOR YOUR COPERATION." She then began to translate what she had just said in Russian and Belarusian. But to me it was like hearing the same thing over and over, I could understand every language she translated it to. Our flight is a day and a half.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the fluffy white clouds that were just a few feet away from me. I thought about what it would be like to dance on clouds. A breath taking experience. I imagined myself laying on the clouds staring up at the teal blue sky. Without having to always travel under cover, without having to worry about Red Room spy's either trying to kill me or bring me back to them. I wish I could be a normal adult, with a normal job and family. But I know I'll never get any of that. No matter what. 

"Brittney." Steve nudged me. That's my new fake name. 

"Yeah." I replied.

"It's your favorite movie." He said. I looked up at the screen and saw that Brother, a popular Russian movie was playing.

"брат." I said quietly. This means brother in Russian.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked.

"Yeah," I lied. I really wanted all this running around to stop. Just to settle down, for once. I've lived my entire life on the run, as a spy. I've been always spying for someone, wether it was Russia or the U.S. Always telling some one's lies.