07 - Bewilderment

Bewilderment noun: a feeling of being perplexed and confused

perplexed and confused.

Paul felt lost. He ran out of school without a second thought, he didn't know where he was going but he just had to get away from them, away from her. He hadn't wanted to imprint on someone, he didn't know how to love someone. But when he looked into her eyes, his world shifted, she was his purpose, his new centre of gravity and he felt a need to protect her.

Paul had never been loved or felt love. His mothers was gone as soon as he was born and his father was a drunk, a violent drunk. He had always felt worthless and didn't know how to love someone else since no one had ever loved him. Sure he had seen real love between Emily and Sam, Jared and Kim, but he had never experienced this himself.

Seeing her for the first time was a wonder, he had never seen true beauty till he saw her. Her olive, smooth skin, greenish blueish eyes, raven hair. Her plump pink lips..... He couldn't get her out of his head, he was entranced by her. He couldn't help but feel the pull towards her and he hated it.

He hated that he left her standing there blood seeping from the wound on her eyebrow. He hated that he hadn't done more to help her, but he couldn't get attached. He hated that he could feel her pain, every sorrow that she felt he felt to. He hated that the moment he imprinted a massive weight was put onto his shoulders. He hated that he had to protect another human being when he could even protect himself. He hated that he felt this pull towards a girl that he didn't know and didn't want to know.

He hated that he wanted her already, that he needed her.