Twenty-four • Dinner

King Dimitrius' Point of View

It was as if someone had pulled the thorns from my heart. Now that she had given me one more time to make things right, I swore that I would never wrong her again. Felicity deserves more than everything good yet I wasn't anything close to good.

I am a monster, a darkness, and evil. In my immortal life, I have done horrible things that I could never change and worst, some of them, I don't even regret.

Was the moon cruel enough to Felicity for pairing her with me? Maybe it's exactly why we were destined for each other. An angel for a monster. The light for the darkness. The greater good for the worst evil. Being the exact opposites of each other made us equal. Her innocence equaled my taintedness.

The attraction that drew me towards her is slowly resulting to my possessiveness to her. I still remember the feeling of having the mate bond between Felicity and me years ago before that stormy night yet here we were, without a single trace of the bond and I still feel her soul.

I had thought that after banishing Dominic and the beginning of the prophecy, it would make me hate Felicity and everyone else in the full extent. Yes, I felt that with the other humans, the urge and thirst to kill. Every time I saw one helpless human, all I saw was red but with Felicity, it was different.

I was like a moth to a flame, a butterfly to a flower, a hopeless man under her own spell. Not even knowing it, Felicity is like a siren, a seductress, an innocent sin. Everything about her makes me feel like a human, being heartless is what I literally am but whenever I see her, touch her, feel her, it seems that my heart beats a thousand times.

Who was I to deny her? If she wanted to be at her kingdom, then, I am here to fulfill her wish. Felicity Lowell, she is the most independent ruler that I have ever known. Picking her people before anyone else, it makes her the best queen among everyone.

But then, I also wanted to give her something to look forward to rather than as a sign of goodbye. I wouldn't just let her walk out without me, I couldn't let her do that. The least I could think of and do is to part with her in a remarkable and memorable way.

I am now centuries old but before my immortal life, I have had a few relationships which I cherished. Hoping that what I know can still measure up to this modern time, I looked at Felicity's eyes and let the words fall out of my mouth as I spoke.

"Will you let me take you to dinner, tonight?"

There was a long pause of her breath when I have said that. Maybe I was wrong, she didn't want to be with me. I should have known better, Felicity won't ever willingly go with someone like me.

But then, she said, "Yes, I would like that, Dimitrius." Although her heartbeat sounded like rapid fire shots, I didn't mind. I got her to agree with me and that's what matters the most. Just like what Katherine said, it's hard but Felicity and I would make progress.

"On one condition," she added and gave me a serious look. I focused my eyes on her mouth rather than her eyes and listened to what she was about to say. "I may be a queen and you are a king but I would love to have one dinner in my life that does not involve royalty."

There was no problem with what she wanted and Felicity wants something outside of highness, I'll give her that. She doesn't need golds and jewels to look like a queen to me, she's already perfect the way she is.