Chapter 1 - Guilty

I hope you guys enjoy my Prison Break Fanfiction!

It starts off at a slow pace, but things pick up! 😁

The chapters will be longer after this one! This is just a short little chapter to kick things off.

Thank you for reading! 💕

🔎This is Unedited! I will be editing the chapters later on!🔍

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The defendant has been found guilty on all charges," the harsh words rip into me like a knife.

I don't understand, as if my brain is short-circuiting and needs to be rebooted. Around me, everything seems to be fast-forwarding right before my very eyes, all while I'm completely motionless in the middle of it all with an internal ache gnawing away at my heart. How can this be happening to me? One minute, things were fine, now all hell is breaking loose, and that hell is the little thing I call life.

      "Alexis Moretti, I hereby sentence you to 5 years in a level one maximum-security prison

"Alexis Moretti, I hereby sentence you to 5 years in a level one maximum-security prison. Upon request to remain close to home, the entirety of your sentence will be served at Fox River State Penitentiary in the newly founded woman's program. The possibility of parole will be granted after half of your sentence has been served. Sentence is to be carried out immediately," the judge states coldly before slamming her gavel down.

 Sentence is to be carried out immediately," the judge states coldly before slamming her gavel down

Those words continue to plague my mind like a deadly toxin, slowly eating away at my sanity. Those exact words have ruined my life and flipped my world upside down. The floor feels like it has been violently ripped from under me, and I'm falling into oblivion. 24 years old, and I'm serving a 5 year sentence for a crime I didn't intend to commit. Not only that, but it's in a female program connected to a male prison.

Guilty.

      My eyes brim with tears, one slow, pained tear slips free and cascades down my flushed cheek. I try my best to wipe it away as quickly as possible with my hands cuffed together, but then another follows suit, turning my efforts into a pointless game of catch. My eyebrows knit together with every emotion boiling to the surface. I attempt to wrap my brain around why this is happening, all while doing my best to calm my breathing in the midst of everything closing in around me.

      I hereby sentence you to 5 years.

I didn't intentionally do anything wrong, and the so-called evidence that was presented in court hours earlier was set up to incriminate me. Those so-called 'eyewitnesses' are full of shit. This whole situation is a load of shit. I can't serve time in jail. I'm innocent. This is all a huge misunderstanding, but these crooked pigs don't seem to want to hear it. I guess it's easier for everyone to half-ass their job instead of taking into consideration that I might actually be telling them the truth.

Here I am, now shackled and cuffed in the back of a police Van with heavily weaponized men making sure I don't try anything funny. This is the start of the end of my life. Even after I get out, this horrible experience is going to follow me around everywhere I go for the rest of my miserable existence, and it's over a crime I didn't even aim to commit that night. My life will never be the same, and neither will I.

The Prison comes into view just up the road ahead, and the panic I instantly feel makes the sights around me seemingly glide by in slow motion. I try to savour my last moments outside the walls of the prison for a long time, and I try savouring the closest thing to freedom I'll ever be subjected to for the next 5 years. This is the last time I'll be experiencing some semblance of actually being a human being, because once I'm behind those walls of imprisonment, the rules of humanity are over.

Let the games begin.