three- tonight

Erin opens Braden's front door, and immediately the spell of greasy pizza and salty chips wafts over us and swallows us as I close the door behind us. I breathe in, the smell of liquor making my nose sting.

Erin grabs my wrist and leads me through long corridors until we approach the kitchen. She drops my hand as we enter the kitchen doorway, a small crowd forming around the drinks and food. We're a little early still, so the group standing next to us is small, but loud anyways.

     "Hey, I'm so glad you finally made it to a party Grace!" I hear Braden exclaim behind me as I watch Erin pour something blue.

     I turn around, smiling at him, as he pulls me into a hug. I had Braden in my lunch hour all four years of high school. And, going from sitting by him everyday, to never seeing anymore, was a big change. His huge personality really made the past months a little easier.

     "Yeah, aren't you happy I finally got her to leave the house after a million years?" Erin says, walking over to us as she gives Braden a side hug. It's awkward being around them together, they used to have a thing, but Braden ended it the second day of summer.

     Once Erin pulls away from him, she smiles at me as she hands me a red solo cup filled of whatever she put in it, and I flash her a smile as well. She cheers my cup, and we both take a sip. It tastes fruity, but also like a snow cone.

     "Well, it's nice to see you again, Grace." Braden says, and then walks away to crowd that has now migrated to the living room across from the kitchen.

     "Ugh, why does he have to look hotter after we broke up?" She sighs, taking big gulps of her drink. I laugh, nod, and follow her lead by drinking more of mine. "We'll need another one soon." She says, and once again we clink our drinks together as the front door opens from down the corridor and more bodies spill in.

     Erin tugs me once again after outing us some more liquor, and I follow on her heels as we enter the living room filled with purple fairy lights and three stereos blasting a playlist combined of both rap and rock music.

     I scope out the crowd, wondering if there's any guys that are worth talking to. But, I just don't like the idea of being with someone who isn't Calum. The thought of him makes me annoyed, so I just chug the rest of my beverage.

     "I'm going to get some more." I mouth to Erin whose made her way into the middle of the crowd, and point to the empty cup in my hand. She smiles at me as she points to Joey Reynolds, who's grabbing her hips and grinding with her to the beat. I give her a thumbs up and laugh as I turn around and head back to the kitchen.

     I pour myself some Raspberry Smirnoff, and once it almost hits the rim of my cup, I'm satisfied and begin to make my way back to the living room. But, then I decide I want to explore for a bit.

     My feet take over while my mind kind of goes blank, and I explore the many corridors and rooms and closets and bathrooms. Braden's family has always been wealthy, but it amazes me every time I step into his home. It's not a mansion, but it's definitely something to brag about.

     I make my way up the spiny stairs, sipping more of my drink as a solution to no longer spill it. By the time I've made my way upstairs, the whole downstairs has gotten packed and filled with people. The sound of conversations and hello's and footsteps echo throughout my brain.

     I walk around upstairs, opening every door. There's about five bedrooms and four bathrooms up here, along with two walk-in closets and one jacuzzi.

     Once I've seen everything, I begin to head downstairs. I reach the first floor again, and try to retrace my steps so I end up back to the living room.