Chapter Three

A/N: if you like this story share it with your friends! I'll try to update at least oonce a week!

***********************************

Luke's POV:

I don't know what made me hug him.

But I did.

I walked into English with Michael, looking down at my chair before sitting to make sure there weren't any tacks.

"I saw you hug him." Michael said quietly. "I saw you hug Ashton."

"Yeah, so?" I played it cool.

"Why?" Michael looked slightly offended. "You never hug me or Calum like that." he paused. "Come to think of it, you never hug us unless we're going out of town."

I didn't have an answer. I shrugged. Ms. Raymond handed me my test from the day before. I wasn't surprised at the big red F on top. I couldn't focus on anything. The new boy, Ashton, was on my mind since the minute I saw him before first bell. I glanced at Michael's test.

C minus.

Not surprising. He's good at English, sometimes he's good at tests.

I wondered if Ashton was good at English. What grade would he get on a test? Was he a good kisser? Wait. Why was I thinking about kissing Ashton?

"Lucas!" I heard Ms. Raymond say.

I shook myself out of my daydream. "Do you have an answer?"

"I'm sorry, what was the question?"

After English I saw Ashton in the hall again. I waved a little bit and he smiled and turned away. I assumed he was blushing, I would've too if he had done it to me. I giggled and went over to him. "Hey, Ashton." he turned around and smiled nervously at me, pulling his sleeves down over his hands. I don't know which part was cuter. His nervous smile or his sweatshirt paws.

"Hi, Luke."

The way he looked at me, just for that second. He looked me in the eyes for the first time since we had met the day before. The way he looked at me, I could see he was scared that I would be like the rest.

I'm not like the rest...

I'm nothing like them.