Chapter Nine

A/N: the previous chapter was just a filler like I said beforehand, so it wasn't long at all. I hope you're enjoying the story and if there's anything I should fix/rewrite please leave a comment and I'll make this story better xx

*********************************

Luke's POV:

As the days went on, my dad hit me almost every night I was home. I called Ashton at least four times in one week.

Then the next week, I called him every day.

In a month I had called 35 times, and spent six nights at his house.

The sixth night, something happened.

~~~

"Luke.....can I ask you something?" He said, breaking the tension in his silent room. His breathing was a bit more ragged than usual, and he wouldn't make eye contact with me.

"Of course." I said.

"Have you ever liked someone, a lot, but knew you couldn't have them?" he looked at me, his eyes sparkling in the pale light of the evening. I noticed his eyes changed, one day they were hazel. The next, they were blue. Today they were hazel-green. Whatever colour they were, they made me melt.

"Actually...yeah." I looked down at the Xbox controller in my hands on my lap. Ashton looked hopeful for a second but then quickly disguised it as excitement for the game he was winning.

I started playing again, not really having a goal but just pushing buttons.

"Can we pause for a minute?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah sure." I paused the game and turned to him. "What's up?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well....there's this person...who I kinda of really like..." He started. "They have blue eyes, and blonde hair. And they go to my new school."

They?

"What's her name?" I asked. He looked down at his hands nervously.

Was Ashton crushing on a guy?