Chapter 1

So it's a week before school gets back which also means dance team auditions ugh. This also means that i will be going against my best friends for solos, due/trios, small group, and large group numbers. This is my second year on this team and I absolutely love it! I almost forgot to tell you, I'm 15 years old, I've lived in Cali my whole life, and I have a big obsession with music.

"Come on! We need to go now if you don't want to be late!" my mom yells as I come running down the hallway.

"Are you excited? A new year new numbers new people" she asked me as we took the long drive to The Dance Studio 2 for my auditions.

"Yep" I replied and that's all I said the rest of the way because I was kinda nervous. Though I was excited! I really was except this just means another packed year. No time for friends, family, or sadly boyfriends. That might seem a little weird that I can just admit that, but I've never had a bf and so I don't have anyone I can truly talk to about my "life disasters" like not having food and then him actually caring. Or at least that's what I have imagined him being like.

Anyways, we pulled up to the dance studio thankfully not late and I jumped out, said goodbye to my mom, and ran straight into the studio. Mostly everyone was there stretching out getting ready for what felt the biggest thing I have ever done.

As soon as the teacher walked in everyone got right up and stood with meaning already trying to impress her. Teacher Season, studio owner and main choreographer, knew each one of our strengths, weaknesses, and ability's, though we all new this was the day we needed to show her more.

She began teaching the choreography to the song "Tonight" by Lykki Li. It's an old song but a beautiful one.

We learned the choro, then did it multiple times in groups. The dance was amazing and when we had to improv, I felt like I could just let go of everything and just dance. That's why I put up with the pain and struggles just to get to the part where I can show who I really am.

"The lists will be posted tomorrow" Teacher Season said as I checked my phone ready to leave.

There has been an emergency so you will be staying with Alyssa for a week. Call me when you get done.

-Mom

I walked out of the studio thinking so hard what could be up. For a week? And why wouldn't she have me staying at my nana's house? I mean, I'm not complaining but this really confusing. I got her number up and was about to press call when I completely bummed into a guy making both of us drop our phones.

"OMG I'm so sorry! I really need to look up when I walk and stop staring at my stupid phone" The guy said handing my now cracked phone to me.

"No it was me. My mom always tells me to look up but I never do. Im really sorry!" I told him handing back his cracked phone. I felt so bad.

"Hey it's fine! My phone was already like this. But it would make it better if you would let me take you to get some froyo." He said to me making me blush hard because wow he was hot.