Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Jaycee’s P.O.V.

I had my hair in a fishtail braid on the left side. I was wearing a cream colored dress with a navy blue blazer, a sun hat, and strappy sandals. I was told to be dressy, so that’s what I did. I put on light makeup, with vanilla flavored lip balm. Just as I laid my balm down, I heard a knock at the door.

“It’s me!” Harry shouted. I ran to the door and opened it.

Harry was dressed in a white button-up and khaki pants. He had brown Sperry’s on. He looked really handsome. He handed me red roses.

“My lady,” He held out his hand. I put my hand in his.

We walked out of the hotel to a white limo. He jogged to the door and opened it for me. Inside were velvet seats with pretty lights. I stepped inside and took a seat. Harry got in and shut the door behind him. He sat beside me.

“Hey gorgeous,” He smiled. I blushed.

“Hey,” I smiled back. “So where exactly are we going?” I asked.

“We’re going to dinner. We’ll be meeting some people. We’re meeting halfway, which is fifteen minutes.” He said matter of fact.

“Anne and Gemma,” I realized. We were 30 minutes away from Holmes Chapel. Meeting them halfway is 15 minutes each. 

He smiled. “Yep. I thought our first date should be getting to meet my mom and sister after 3 years. They ask about you. They don’t know we’re dating, though. They don’t even know you’re coming. They think it’s just me,” He winked. I must have looked nervous because he grabbed my hand.

“Don’t worry babe, they loved you when you were younger. They’ll love you now, probably even more,” He coaxed. It made me feel a bit better. “Just think of it as a surprise for them,”

I laid my head against his chest and waited for us to arrive.

   Harry’s P.O.V.

Jaycee and I walked in the restaurant hand in hand. I saw my mom and Gemma at a booth. They were chatting. We both walked up to the booth. I cleared my throat. Anne and Gemma both looked up.

“Haz!” Gemma smiled. She stood up and gave me a hug. My mother did the same. She then turned to Jaycee.

“Oh my god, Jaycee! You’ve grown so much! How are you? You got a boyfriend back home?” My mom rambled.

“Actually mom, Jaycee’s my girlfriend,” I smiled proudly.

“Oh my god!” my mom squealed. “I KNEW it would happen one day!”

Jaycee laughed. We sat down and ordered our food. We talked about how I asked Jaycee to be my girlfriend. My mom squealed after every sentence. Gemma looked so proud; she was smiling the whole time.

“Yeah, I’ll be sixteen on September 30,” Jaycee answered a question on her age.

Our food arrived and we ate. An hour later, it was time to go. We hugged and said our goodbyes to Anne and Gemma. 

“You better take good care of her, Harry,” Gemma said.

“I think it’s the other way around,” I laughed.

Jaycee and I headed back to the limo. We cuddled on the way to our next destination, a park. She would like this.

When we arrived, I told the driver I would call when to pick us up. I blindfolded Jaycee and led her to a bridge which had candles lit all down the railing.

“Can I take it off now?” She asked.

“Yes,” I replied.

When she took off the blindfold, she was surprised. Then, she started tearing up.

“Harry, you didn’t have to,” she started.

“I wanted to. Jaycee, I love you so much, words can’t describe.” 

I picked up a guitar and started playing. I sang “Kiss Me” by Ed Sheeran. When I was about to sing the chorus for the last time, Jaycee took the guitar away and kissed me. Kind of cliché, right? 

 Jaycee’s P.O.V.

Harry singing made me tear up. I interrupted him with a kiss. I took the guitar and started singing.

I don’t care what they say

I’m in love with you

They try to pull me away

But they don’t know the truth

My hearts crippled by the vein

That I keep on closing

You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding

Keep keep bleeding love

Keep bleeding

Keep keep bleeding love

Harry stood up and brushed himself off. Then, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He put his hands on my waist and I put my arms around his neck. We started slow dancing. He started singing “Everything About You” to me. This was the best night of my life.

It’s everything about you

Everything that you do

From the way that we touch baby

To the way that you kiss on me