Chapter Thirteen: The Wild Youth

~ 2013 - Portland, Oregon ~

Today was the day.

This was it - this could be it. It could either put everything he needed at his fingertips? Or it could blow up in his face. He kept thinking back to the conversation with his father. Kai stared up at the ceiling in the wee hours of the morning. His hands folded behind his head as the soft breathing of the Bennett Witch seemed to calm his frayed nerves. He wasn't one to believe in being nervous - but it had been a long journey to this point.

He knew that it would be longer still after he accepted the mantle of Coven Leader. Bright blue eyes shifted to the soft rise and fall next to him. Soon, Bon. I promise you won't have to worry about anything, soon. He hadn't realized his fingertips were dancing along the curvy shape of her shoulder.

Everything was going to change today.

Bonnie made a small moan as she rolled onto her back. He paused his motions as she sighed and drifted back into deep sleep. Kai leaned up on an elbow and stared down into her face, slightly self-conscious that she could hear just how loudly his heart was drumming against his chest. Dammit.

He could feel himself stirring under the sheets, for almost twenty minutes now. He tried to ignore it - but he couldn't ignore it, or her, or any open opportunity to have her. A wiggling shift of fingers dancing with magic as the sheet slid off her prone body. There was something slightly predatory in the way he lowered himself on the bed. He threw the sheet off of himself, quietly, carefully shifting until he maneuvered between her legs. Kai's lips parted as he inhaled her scent. She would have to yell at him later.

He needed her - needed this to chase the creeping shadows off. Maybe he'd be brave enough to tell her that she provided strength for him? Maybe, but for now? A flick of his tongue against her inner thigh and a soft sound of pleasure from him. He had a good grip on her, holding her where he wanted her. The tentative, slow drag of his tongue against her sex caused him to stir.

Kai took his time as he buried his face between her legs. His breath hot as his tongue wiggled against those folds of flesh. His lips brushed against her clit once, twice. Deviating away to bring her to a slow rolling wake.

xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Pleasure crept across Bonnie's body, the cool morning air ghosting along her bare skin that was misted over with heat. An electric charge raced up her back, subtle as a soft vibration roused her from her slumber. Her heartbeat drummed along her ribs and she could swear that her hearing was muffled from the last, thick blanket of sleep that still coated her consciousness. Torn between remaining asleep and awake, the next shock wave of pleasure zipped from her back to the tips of her toes and her arms were moving before she was even fully awake.

The smothered sounds of her moans finally reached her mind, causing the fog of sleepiness to lift and Bonnie realized she was biting her lower lip again. Had she been fighting off another nightmare? Had another one tried to push its way through to her senses, forcing her to wake up before she was trapped in it?

Squinting against the sunlight that pooled in from the large bay windows, she mentally cursed at Kai for not having drawn the curtains last night before they'd turned in for bed. Bonnie's eyelids fluttered softly, pulling her fully into the light and from the dark entrapment of sleep. Her hands smoothed down her stomach, which she soon realized was bare, and was about to turn over to fuss at Kai to pull the curtains closed when her hands touched something. Looking down, her eyes traveled down to see that her fingers were lost in the dark flow of Kai's hair.

Bonnie gasped, seeing Kai's head resting along her exposed hipbone and his large body nestled comfortably between her legs. Her thighs were cradled delicately between the crooks of his elbows and she let out a barely contained sigh as his fingers dug into the apex of her inner thighs - her magic singing a chorus of desire under his touch. His nose brushed against her, so softly and so quietly, that Bonnie could barely discern if she was dreaming or awake. But the moment his breath touched her clit, she jerked her hips up - the movement fully pulling her out of her semi-sleepy state.