Chapter 12

IMPORTANT:
From now on, the story will be in third person POV. I'll go back and edit the first few chapters once the story is completed.

If/when I change between character groups or characters who are solo, for example: Ravanna and Lizack, Jason and Silvia, and Stella and Mason,<—— groups, Lizack<—— solo, it will be indicated with a line of this (*)

Example:
Lizack turned to Ravanna and slapped her again.
****************
Standing on the rooftop of a nearby building, Stella and Mason watched as Lizack slap Ravanna.
****************
Jason dragged his feet along the concrete floor, thinking about whether or not he will survive the fight with Lizack while, at the same time, Ravanna got slapped.

Thank you, that is all.
_______________
Lizack never thought he would see a real séance being preformed. He was once summoned by a group of village people long ago, but compared to what he was witnessing, the séance back then probably wasn't as intense as the one now.

Ravanna sat still in the middle of the pentagram, chanting the same words over again. "RAKEN MAKLE BLAC RAV!!!"

Lizack was sitting next to the door. His knees were to his chest as his arms and head rested on them, watching the events unfold through the slight opening of his eyelids.

The room was spinning, books and papers were swirling around the pentagram at the speed of light. The flames as risen high enough to burn the ceiling. Ravanna's hair madly flew around her face, as did Lizack's.

"JUDITH NOIR, ANSWER MY CALL!"

Lizack quickly rose his arms to block the oncoming object hurling themselves towards his face. The sound of books thumping against the brown wooden floor and paper fluttering after them, made Lizack peek out from behind his arms.

His eyes narrowed at the scene before him. In front of Ravanna, a blurry grey soul hovered in the air. He knew instantly that soul belonged to a deceased medium. From the blurry outline of the soul, it appears to be a young woman.

The soul glided forward to place a gently hand on top of Ravanna's head. She spoke in a quiet voice, "My daughter, what is it that you want from me?"

"Daughter?" Lizack whispered. This is her mother? He thought. How did she pass at such a young age?

"Mother, what is the current situation in the underworld?" Ravanna sternly asked.

The soul kept quiet as she withdrew her hand back to her side. She looked around the room, examining each object until her white eyes landed on Lizack. They both stared at each other for what felt like an eternity.

With a shrill screech, the soul retreated through Ravanna's mouth. Her arms tightly gripped her throat, choking down the invading soul.

When all was done, Ravanna lay limp, face first on the floor. The flames dwindled down to normal. It felt like time has stopped. Lizack reached out to her, but quickly snatched his hand back when her body jolted to a kneeling position. Her hair blocking her face.

It started with her fingers, they were slightly twitching unnoticeably. Then, her hand was visibly twitching rapidly. At last, her whole body was twitching violently. She reached for her hair and pulled at it, letting out a deafening scream.

Lizack got to his feet, rising up ever so slowly. His face contorted into confusion. He was thinking about whether or not to leave her or slam her to the wall.

When he was fully standing, Ravanna neck snapped to face him. Her eyes were colored white and her skin had a grey tint to it. She looked like the living dead.