Chapter 3

Third person POV:
Trudging through the crowded streets of a weird place he's never been before, black blood oozed from his very soul from every place imaginable, making his breathing heavy. One of his eyes were sealed shut by the sticky blood that traveled down his face from an open wound in his head.

The humans can't see him but he can see and feel them. He can feel them walking through his soul, causing him great pain. It won't stop. He long discarded his vessel, it was already dead anyway. However, his lord has cut him much deeper than the vessel to insure his death.

He can't keep going. Darkness is clouding his vision. Sounds are muffled by the blood draining into his ears. With half of his obscured vision, he was able to see a giant contraption. It was crushed, but what surprised him the most was another soul emerging from the machine. The soul looked shocked when peering into the contraption. Curiosity got the best of him and he trudged his way over to the new soul.

Tears filled the eyes of this soul and when it saw him nearing it, it screamed in inaudible terror. It quivered and backed away slowing as he took its place in front of this contraption the soul was sorrowfully looking into. His eyes widen as he saw what that soul was looking at. It was a vessel. It was covered in blood. Blood dripped from the eyes, mouth, nose and the other limbs. It was clear the neck was snapped due to its head facing backwards. These were only minor issues that can be easily fixed. This vessel was very well alive and he thought he shall claim it as his own.

As he was reaching for the vessel, the soul grabbed his hand, trembling madly. It was speaking to him, but it's voice wasn't sounding. It was like the soul was begging him not to touch the vessel, but he only gave it a sly smile. The soul was leaving, fading away to heaven. The soul watch as it was fading away and he continued to take its vessel. The soul was pleading until it couldn't stay any longer and vanished.

Once the soul was gone, he grabbed the vessel's head and was sucked into it in an instant.

Demon POV:
The sound of chatter is all around me. I can hear. The first thing I saw was the roof of this thing called a car. I can see and I know what this contraption is now. I'm obtaining all of the new knowledge this vessel, or should I say body, carries in its brain. I couldn't retain all of it sadly, this human body loses memories fast, but I love it nonetheless. My soul is able heal but at a slow pace. I'm still very weak, but at least this body shields me from any pain.

My bones are cracking as I put them back together. My skin is tingling as I heal the wounds. My head still backwards, I push myself up and spin my head around back to the front. I snap it back in place just in time to see a human walking up to me.

"HE'S ALIVE, BRING THE STRETCHER QUICKLY!!"

I guess this is a paramedic, very loud. Another one joined him and they both grabbed my arms and shirt and pulled me out the car. They gently laid me on the ground and placed my hands on either side of me and my legs straight. Once they made sure I was basically a plank, they started questioning me.

"Are you in any serious pain sir?" The first one asked me. I only shook my head no in response.

"Do you know what happened?" The second one asked. That I do know.

"Apparently, I wanted to scold someone and eat breakfast, but I ended up swerving off the road because of a..." I trailed off. What's that word? It's in this brain somewhere. It's a small thing that comes from a mom. "Child," I finally said.

Hmm where is that little thing anyway. I was about to get up but both of the medics grabbed me again from both ends of my body and lifted me into a contraption called a stretcher.