Ch.3 The Eros Curse

After my talk with Croatia I returned to my room for the night, deciding to rest. It had been a long flight there anyway, and with all that had gone down it was a well deserved rest.

As I slipped into a nightgown the blanket enveloped me in a heavenly shroud that put me right to sleep....

——

Ugh....why am I up...?

"Yo. I have a divine prophecy from God. So yeah listen to me little girl."Huh...?Who was this guy coming out of my closet?

"God?But...I don't really know if I even believe in you or not...."I replied."Well if I'm here right now I have o be real."I blinked. I suppose he's right.

"You have been cursed to fall in love with one of the people inside this house within the next year. So yeah. Have fun on your real life dating simulator."

"W-w...w...WHAT?!"He's lying! Who even is this guy!?He looks shady and and....

——

Beep....beep...

Noooo.....I don't want to get up...I turn off the alarm and sigh, sitting up in my bed as I look e over at the closet, getting a slight sense of deja vu....

That...that was all just a dream. There is no way...that I would fall in love with someone here...I-it's Not like he specified how I would fall in love...because there are technically seven types of love.

There is...Philia, love in a friendship.

There is...Storge, love to and from parents or parent like figures...or even siblings..

There is...Agape, universal love...of a thing...like God...Although I don't know if I like him too much after last night...

There is...Ludus, playful or unconditional, uncommitted love...casual...and long lasting...

There is...Pargma, or practical love for a goal...

Then...there is Eros....sexual and passionate love...

He didn't specify so that means it could be any of those! I-I don't have to fall in love romantically per-say...but maybe I could love them...like a sister or just a good friend....

There was a knock at my door that caused me to jump out of my skin and my thoughts. "Breakfast is ready!"Macedonia's voice...her voice sounds so motherly...I suppose it's from being the only girl in the household...

"Coming...."I reply as I hear her footsteps fade away. Getting off the bed I open the shades to look outside. Now the house they live at is...well quite beautiful. It is near a sea, the Mediterranean to be exact, since these nations generally sit on it.

I emerge out of my room with bed hair as I walk down the wooden stairs once again, yawning softly as I sit at the table. Only Slovenia was there as well, his head down on the table next to me. "Slovenia are you alright? Also good morning."

"Nooo.....I have a hangover from last night and...I didn't get any of my paperwork done...."He complained to me, making me sigh. "Water will help with that...along with some painkillers. Don't drink anything alcoholic today so your body has a chance to clean itself out."

He blinked at me. "B-but...whenever I worry I just drink to forget it....."

"How much do you worry?"

"All of the time."He responded instantly as Macedonia came over with an apron on, placing a bowl of oatmeal in front of us both. "Eat Quickly now before it gets cold okay?"

We nod in unison as I couldn't help but smile. I gave Slovenia a thumbs up as he smiled wearily, starting to eat. "Hey can I ask something? Who is that sleeping on the couch? He's been there since yesterday and...he hasn't moved an inch...."

Macedonia looked over at the couch and sighed as she washed a pot. "He is Montenegro, our cousin. When we were younger he used to do a lot and be active but now he doesn't do anything unless Russia threatens him. It is tragic really."She said. "Anything else?"

Oh...so that's their cousin...but she said 'our' as in multiple people so...who is she related to? I would say that...Her and Serbia...along with Croatia and Kosovo....

"Um...How is everyone in this household related?"I asked as she smile gleefully. "Well this is a large family. There are six of us, and with our freeloading cousin it is seven. You are the only one in the house we are all not related to."

She continued on. "Well the oldest one is Serbia...He's our strong,big brother. Then there is Croatia, who I believe is more responsible than him. Then me, I am the only girl.....After me is...."She walked over to Slovenia and rested her head on his his silky blond hair. "Is this little worry wart here...after him is Bosnia and Herzegovina."

I raised a brow. That sounds like two names and...I haven't even seen this person once! "Twins?" Macedonia giggled and shook her head."One person. He is quite shy and doesn't talk....but Finally is little Kosovo, who is a little cinnamon roll~He is really adorable, I just wished he trusted me more...."

After that influx of knowledge I let it sit and marinate for a while, eating my oatmeal as more people came to the kitchen. By time I finished I watched Croatia take two bowls and bring one over to the supply closet by the steps.

He knocked on it gently and it cracked open to my surprise, as he placed it there. Croatia sat next to the door and ate as a small hand came out, grabbing the bowl but keeping the door open.
I watched them talk for a bit, finding it a bit endearing....Poor Kosovo....

I watched Croatia before eventually helping Macedonia with the mountain of dishes that still remained. "Is there anything else I should know?"I asked.

"Well...."She looked off to the side and put her thumb under her chin, her tan skin seemingly glowing with liveliness. "Croatia has a dog. He's a Dalmatian named Nereus." A dog? I haven't even heard one this whole time....

"Well He isn't here right now sadly...He is in Albania's care for now. They are friends."Macedonia said with air quotations around 'friend' when referring to Croatia and Albania.

After we finished washing dishes I sighed as Macedonia stretched. "What to do today...."I mumbled as Macedonia hummed. "Well, since you've only been here a day, maybe you should just try and hang around the house to get to know us! I'm always willing to talk, especially since I've had no one to get all girly with."She said.

I smiled at her and nodded. I will definitely take that into consideration. But I will most definitely not let what what I heard this morning hinder what I came here to do! I am here to make peace, not find a partner.

"Maybe all they need, is love~After all isn't that all everyone wants~?"

France! No no no you're wrong! "Are you alright?"Macedonia asked as I shook my head to get these damn people out my head. "Y-yes! I'm fine...I think...."

I can hear all of their voices laughing at me right now....am I going crazy with pressure?