2.|Stalker.

Rubbing my hands dry on the apron I was wearing over my lime coloured t-shirt of Ariel-the mermaid and navy blue SpongeBob pyjamas, I get on with making dinner for mum and I.

I was planning on making steak, the meat was in the refrigerator nicely sealed, yet to opened as I first worked on the salad and dressing.

It has been two days since I heard about Dominick West apparent return from England and him joining our school but he was yet to make his appearance.

Dustin was losing his mind over Dominick's uncaring behaviour towards his fans, Dustin's words. He even went to the extend of jogging early in the morning and in the evening around the block Dominick stays along with his girl friends who were as crazy as him for Dominick.

And as per the news I was receiving from Dustin, he was thinking of starting a news club in his school, who would publish a weekly newspaper- containing the latest gossip and news that's revolving in town, mostly confined to to teens and school students.

When asked from where the sudden idea came from, he said, he wanted to help the fellow students and keep them updated about Dominick and his activities. He said he'd be doing a noble deed by publishing about Dominick in his newspaper.

Did Dominick even know he got a crazy fan following who were awaiting for his appearance in school and around town? I guess he know all about it. It wasn't a secret to anybody exactly.

Focusing back on the work at hand, I got the meat out of the fridge and just to be extra cautious checked the expiry date.

"Oh no." I complained when I saw it has expired two days back. This was the last piece in the fridge. I checked the fridge to find something else that I could eat for dinner but I didn't have anything else. There were only vegetables and fruits, along with juice, water and milk.

As if on cue, my stomach grumbled loudly, demanding food.

"Great." I muttered to myself, my shoulders slacking. The salad was already prepared and even the dressing for the steak. I couldn't throw them, I worked so hard making it.

The home phone started ringing from the living room. Knowing it would be mum, I dashed out of the kitchen and towards the phone. "Hello."

"Hey Honey." Mum's tired voice reached my ears. My heart constricted painfully when I was reminded about the sacrifices she makes for me and my future. All the more reason, to make steak and feed her good food.

"I am making steak for dinner. When will you be home?" I inquired looking at the wall clock placed on the wall of our living room. It was 7pm.

"About that..." Mum trailed and I knew instantly what her next words were going to be. "I got a night shift so I won't be home until early in the morning." Her tone was apologetic yet so exhausted. "I am sorry honey."

"It's okay. I understand." I did understand but it still hurt.

The house suddenly felt cold and an involuntary shiver ran down my spine. Today was yet another day of me sleeping alone in this house. I wish I could say I was used to it now, after a year but I still was not. I still feel lonely and miss my old life, where dad still loved my mum and I but that someone else was living that life now.

"I would like to try you steak though. Save some for me, don't eat everything." Mum tried to lighten the mood, probably noticing the silence from my side.

Chuckling lightly, I added. "I will keep aside your share. Eat it when you get home." I said through the home. She'd most likely be back home by 3 or 4 in the morning when I'd be dead asleep in my room.