Broken Promises (BigBrother!Thomas Arclight x LittleSister!Reader

oof, depression hitting hard. so have some relief work. 

WARNING(s): Self harm, depression, etc.

_____

"The pain will just go away for a little bit, right?" (y/n)'s hands shook as she said this.

She was in her room with an unstable mind. Her eyes were sore and watery from crying ever so much. (y/n) touched the scars on her left arm. Each thin line left that impact on her. No matter how much she promised, she kept on doing it. She kept on breaking it with her family, it drove her crazy. (y/n) hates it when they get angry or sad, so her doing this to herself is bad.

However, it's a terrible coping mechanism. Her mind keeps on telling her; 'You're still alive, you're doing right then.' (y/n) has to agree with that. From all of the self harm and the history of depression, she's still alive. Barely though, she feels like a ghost on days this like. It's a beautiful day outside, and she's inside depressed. (y/n) didn't even bother eating breakfast or lunch. Dinner is around the corner but she doesn't want to eat. In fact (y/n) hasn't left her room once. Of course Chris comes in and checks on her, but (y/n) makes herself look preoccupied.

When the door closes again, it's back to crying and sorrow. (y/n) almost finds it pitiful how she's doing this to herself. She's feeling so depressed on this amazing day, what's new? (y/n) feels depressed each day, no matter what. Even if Michael tries his best to cheer up, or Chris waking her up every morning. Her brothers felt so empty to her. (y/n) felt empty, she felt doomed. She loves her brothers so much, but (y/n) felt so unimportant to them. (y/n) felt like an obstacle in their life. The other Arclights' could never agree with that statement.

Thomas especially, he was quick to anger. Whenever (y/n) talked down on herself, he always had to say something. He hated it when his little sister would do this to herself. Her constant tears and her negative sayings about herself, it hurts. (y/n) just never felt as good as them. They're so amazing, but what was she? Mediocre or second place? Nothing was good enough for her at the moment. She wants to be happy but she passes on every chance. Her friends want to hang out but she can never commit. (y/n) can never keep a promise like that to anyone.

From that, she deems herself as less. She breaks promises so easily, and yet she regrets it. (y/n) doesn't want to do this to herself anymore. Though she's so familiar to this sadness. The chemical imbalance makes her pull her hair. Why does her mind do this? Why can't she be happy like Michael? Or smart like Chris? Or even a great duelist like Thomas? (y/n), believing that she can never be good enough, beats herself constantly and constantly. It's hard to see her smile anymore. Where did that amazing grin go? She had that sweetest smile, it would warm the Arclights' hearts.

As (y/n) was about to drag that blade across her skin, Thomas went into the room. (y/n) jumped and tried to hide the blade. Thomas however took it away and placed it on the nightstand. He got on the bed and opened his arms. (y/n) burst into tears and hugged him.

"Take my pain away, Big Brother! Please take it away!" (y/n) shouted.

Thomas rubbed her back, "One day, I will take it away... I promise..."