Chapter 6 - Sling Ring

"To start, you are going to need a sling ring." The Ancient One said.

She handed him a thick metal ring that covered two fingers and he slid it on.

"What does this do?" Stephen asked.

"That is how you got here." She replied. "You put your hand with the ring out, and you make circles behind it with the other one. It's quiet simple, actually. You imagine any place and go for it."

"Any place?" Stephen asked.

"Yes. Like your penthouse." The Ancient One said. "But if you even try to escape, I will be sure of it to make your penthouse burn."

Stephen had a horrified look on his face.

"Alright then." Stephen said.

"Can I talk to you over there for a second?" Mordo said as he walked over to the Ancient One

"Absolutely." The Ancient One replied.

"Why do we need him?" Mordo started. "We have the most powerful ones already here."

"Not quite, Mordo." The Ancient One started.

"What?" Mordo asked

"You see, my life is coming to a close." The Ancient One started. "Fifteen hundred years is kind of a lot." She chuckled.

"But I sense something in him. Something I haven't sensed in a very long time." The Ancient One said.

"Sense what?" Mordo asked.

"Eventually, he will become more powerful than all of us. Even me." The Ancient One replied.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"I am. It won't take long either. It appears he already mastered the sling ring!" The said as Stephen held open a portal in front of him with ease.

"He will be ready in time." The Ancient One said.

"I hope to God you're right." Mordo replied.