Chapter 10 - Doctor Strange

"Stephen, before I go, I must let you know of some events that happen in the near future." The Ancient One said.

"Wait, before you go? Master, I can't do this alone." Stephen added as he began panicking slightly.

"It's okay Stephen, I will never really be gone. I will always be here with you. Guiding you ever step of the way. Don't worry." The Ancient One replied.

"I know. I just- I don't feel like I will ever be even half the teacher you were." Stephen said.

"You may not, Stephen. But that's okay. You may get there one day and you may not. Even if you don't, I know you will do amazing things with your new students." She said.

"So, what were the things you were going to warn me about?" Stephen asked.

"You see, New York City will be under a major attack in the future and it will lose one of the city's great protectors." The Ancient One informed. "But you must not intervene."

"What? What attack? And why can't I intervene? How do you know?" Stephen questioned.

"One does not simply possess the Eye of Agamotto and never use it, Stephen. That's how I know. I looked forward in time." The Ancient One said.

"But you didn't do anything to stop it?" Stephen asked.

"You must not stop something that was destined to happen. As hard as it is, you must let it take it's course." The Ancient One replied.

"I guess that makes sense. And why can't I intervene?" Stephen asked.

"Because you're not ready. You have much to do before you're ready for battle." The Ancient One ordered.

"Understood." Stephen said.

"Okay, Stephen, this is where we part ways." The Ancient One said.

"Wait, what? I- I am not ready!" Stephen yelled.

"Nobody ever is." The Ancient One said. "Now, duck."

"What?" Stephen asked.

"Duck, Stephen!" The Ancient One yelled as Stephen ducked and a sword flew over his head into the wall behind him.

He stood back up.

He looked at The Ancient One as she smiled slightly.

The Ancient One's head began to slide forward and fell off of her body, letting out a thud as it hit the floor.

"No!!" Stephen yelled as The Ancient One's body fell.

"You see, Stephen." Mordo said as he walked in. "There can only be one true Sorcerer Supreme."

"You will never replace her! No one can!" Stephen yelled as his eyes watered with tears as he knelt down by the Ancient One's dead lifeless body.

"You think you're all tough shit, do you?" Mordo asked as he walked slowly towards Stephen. "You just waltz right on in here and become the new Sorcerer Supreme. I've been working for that title for years."

"It wasn't my fault! She chose me!" Stephen yelled as he stood back up.

"I know she did but-" Mordo paused as he saw the Eye of Agamotto hanging around Stephen's neck. "You have it?"

"Yes. And I will protect it." Stephen replied.

"I'm sure you will. That will make your death that much more rewarding." Mordo remarked.

"Go to hell." Stephen said angrily.

"Who are you to defy me, newbie?" Mordo asked.

"I, am Doctor Strange- The Sorcerer Supreme." Stephen declared.

"And I'm going to stop you

"And I'm going to stop you."