Chapter 11 - Showdown

"Stop me?" Mordo asked.

"You have no idea how strong I have become, Mordo, trust me." Stephen remarked. "You don't want to do this."

"Oh, I think I do." Mordo asked as he got into a fighting stance.

"Okay, then. Let's fight." Stephen said as he ran towards Mordo with his sling ring.

He charged and hurled his fist towards Mordo, not making contact.

Mordo dodged the attack and kicked Stephen in the lower back.

"Ah!" Stephen yelled as he ran a few feet, opened up a portal in front of him and teleported to above Mordo, landing on his shoulders.

Stephen continuously punched Mordo's head from above, leaving it bloody and bruised.

"Get off!" Mordo yelled as he grabbed Stephen by the cloak and threw him against the wall, breaking several of the bricks on impact.

"That- hurt." Stephen yelled as he got up slowly.

"How long are you going to keep this up, coward?!" Mordo asked, cocky.

"I can do this all day." Stephen responsed.

"Okay, then." Mordo said as he created an invisible dagger in his hands, and charged towards Stephen.

"Not today." Stephen said quietly as he put his right hand on top of his left out in front of him, twisted them and opened the Eye of Agamotto.

Green Rings of Time formed around his hands, he twisted them, and he stopped time.

All time was stopped. On Earth, there was not one single human being moving except Stephen.

Stephen walked towards a mid-run, frozen Mordo.

"I told you, Mordo." Stephen started. "I have gotten way stronger."

Stephen continued as he grabbed the dagger out of Mordo's hand.

"I never expected it would be you fo betray us." Stephen started. "But- it's always the ones closest to you that hurt you the most." Stephen said as he hurled back the dagger, and sunk it into Mordo's chest, piercing all of the way through his heart and chest.

Mordo was still frozen, but you could see the pain in his eyes.

Stephen stood back, and resumed time.

Mordo fell forward and immediately began to bleed out.

"I trusted you, Mordo." Stephen said. "She did too." Stephen looked over at The Ancient One's body.

"Me- Meph- Mephisto-" Mordo tried to say as he let out his last breath on the floor.

"Mephisto?" Stephen asked.

That was it. The battle was won.