Chapter 7 - Astral Form

Stephen was sitting in his room at the training academy. At Kamar-Taj.

He was sitting on his bed then the Ancient One walked in.

"Stephen." The Ancient One added.

"Yes?" Stephen asked.

"How is your training coming along?" She asked.

"It's going okay, I think." Stephen started. "My sling ring has become really easy to use, and I learned other spells as well."

"Good. That is music to my ears, Stephen." The Ancient One added.

"Uh, can I ask you something?" Stephen asked.

"Anything." She replied.

"Why are you being so hard on me?" Stephen started. "I mean I understand, it's a school and there's more to me than meets the eye, blah, blah, blah I got it. But I'm progressing far faster and far better than anyone else here."

"I know. I understand that. The reason I'm pushing you so hard is because-- well it's because you're the strongest one here." The Ancient One added.

"What?" Stephen asked.

"You will eventually take my place as Sorcerer Supreme." The Ancient One said.

"You've got to be kidding me. Why me?" Stephen asked.

"There is so much more to you than you know." The Ancient One said. "Like this."

At that moment, the Ancient One touched Stephens upper chest and released his astral form.

"What is this?!" Stephen asked a she panicked slightly.

"That is your astral form, Stephen." The Ancient One started. "Think of this as your soul. You can exit your body and whatever happens in your astral form does not affect your physical state."

"This is awesome! To go back do I just dive back into my body?" Stephen asked.

"That's correct." The Ancient One responded.

Stephen then dove back into his body to regain consciousness.

"That was awesome!" Stephen said with enthusiasm.

"Indeed. Follow me now, Stephen." The Ancient One ordered.

"Where are we going now?" Stephen asked.

"We're going to find your relic." The Ancient One started. "War is coming."